Opinions!

bigstockphoto_businessman_pointing_finger_3447875

I dislike you for the same reason I dislike Former Me & Future Me–because they disagree with Current Me!

lfv-finger-pointing-down

“My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I’m right!” ~Ashleigh Brilliant

“Do not be angry that you cannot make others as you wish them to be, since you cannot make yourself as you wish to be.”      ~Thomas á Kempis

“Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

“If we lose love and respect for each other, this is how we finally die.” ~Maya Angelou

Remember this: “Civility costs nothing, and buys everything.” ~Mary Wortley Montagu

“Let us pardon reciprocally each other’s folly, (for) that is the first law of nature.” ~Voltaire

“Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and the wrong. Sometime in life you will have been all of these.” ~George Washington Carver

“When you plan a tower that will pierce the clouds, first lay the foundation of humility.” ~Saint Augustine

“Therefore, with all humility, gentleness, and patience–tolerate one another in love.” ~Ephesians 4:2

This entry was posted in For Pastors and Teachers, Humor, Quips and Quotes and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to Opinions!

1. Heidi Viars says:

Powerful quotes … gentle reminders about our great power to influence and better humanity.

2. nancyehead says:

Great quotes. Great wisdom there. God bless!

3. Precious One says:

I have been “all of these” 🙌🏽

4. Not to appear smart-alecky, but as Ephesians 4:2 doesn’t insinuate, sometimes it TAKES active loving to tolerate others! Great wisdom in these quotes! God Bless Brother Mitch! 😉

5. lynn__ says:

Tolerance is compassionate and patient …as we hope others are with us!

6. cindy knoke says:

This is such a better, kinder, gentler way of expressing, a rather crude saying which I am sure you know Mitch. Loved it.

7. Jo Martin says:

What a great reminder! Especially the part about always having to be right… Isn’t it great that God has blessed us with life challenges that show us who we really are and how “wrong” we can be when we close ourselves to others’ opinions. Keep on keepin’ on, brother!

8. Tina says:

Great quotes, especially the last one. 😊

9. revruss1220 says:

Great, timely reminders. Thanks for bringing these pearls to our attention today, Mitch. If I had to choose, I might vote for the Emerson quote as “Most needed and timely for the world of October 3, 2019.”

10. M.B. Henry says:

Yes – good quotes! Also add this gem from the Downton Abbey movie – “My dear, I never argue. I explain.” 🙂

11. Wonderful quotes… You speak truth! 👍🏻

12. Thank you for sharing these.

13. Vera says:

Love the one by Voltaire.

14. Emerson’s quote certainly seems to be in tune with the current moment.

15. These are great, Mitch, and achingly timely.

16. benjbensing says:

Love these quotes, though it hit me like a punch in the midrib (ouch) especially the third quote.

17. TEP336 says:

Some very profound statements in thos quotes. Much of it is stuff that people seem to have forgotten as of late. Of all the social ills in the world today, the one I lament the most is the fact that people seem to be forgetting the fine art of disagreement. They simply just don’t know how to disagree properly, and it’s such a shame!

You find the best quotes! Must add some of these to my own collection. I agree with TEP336 above who laments some people don’t know how to disagree. Did assertiveness training swing the pendulum too far?

19. Ann Coleman says:

Wonderful quotes, especially the last one!

20. Bill Sweeney says:

“My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I’m right!”
    This is my favorite. It reminds me of a popular politician who did a 180 on some hot button issues (after putting his finger in the air to see which way the wind was blowing), declaring “my views have evolved.” 🙂