Bad Luck?

My Friday the 13th Gift Gifs to You

(Click on any image to enlarge it, or to start slide show)

Some Thoughts on Bad Luck

Calvin: “You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don’t help.” ~Bill Watterson

“When it rains it pours and when it shines you get melanoma.” ~Sol Luckman

“People always call it luck when you’ve acted more sensibly than they have.” ~Anne Tyler

“Mankind accepts good fortune as his due, but when bad occurs, he thinks it was aimed at him, done to him, a hex, a curse, a punishment by his deity for some transgression, as though his god were a petty storekeeper, counting up the day’s receipts.” ~Sheri S. Tepper

“You never know what worse luck your bad luck has saved you from.” ~Cormac McCarthy

“Some luck lies in not getting what you thought you wanted but getting what you have, which once you have it you may be smart enough to see is what you would have wanted had you known.” ~Garrison Keillor

“If there is not the war, you don’t get the great general; if there is not the great occasion, you don’t get the great statesman; if Lincoln had lived in times of peace, no one would know his name now.” ~Theodore Roosevelt

“That’s how stories happen – with a turning point, an unexpected twist. Happiness is an allegory, unhappiness is a story.” ~Haruki Murakami

“Fire tests gold, suffering tests brave men.” ~Seneca

“Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, when you encounter trials of all kinds, because the testing of your faith produces perseverance, and perseverance, when it has finished its work, will make you mature and complete, lacking in nothing.” ~James 1:2-4

“Write your banes in sand, your blessing in stone.” ~Amit Kalantri

This entry was posted in Humor, Popular Culture & Entertainment, Quips and Quotes and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to Bad Luck?

1. Always love these funny shares from you.

2. trE says:

Haha! That snow one?! Haha. Thank you, Mitch!

3. sniderjerry says:

I think it’s bad luck to be afraid of Friday the 13th – go figure.

True story – years ago a friend said to me, “Tomorrow is Friday the 13th, you better saty in bed”
    I said, “I’ll be sure and get out of bed, that’s where I have the worse luck anyway.”
    Have a lucky day, Jerry

4. CLEvangelism says:

That poor cat was set up. 😐👎

5. cindy knoke says:

All great, especially Murakami.

Shame on that snowplow driver; he could have at least honked! Loved that last quote in particular. Lots of wisdom in those nine words. Thanks for the great humor/wisdom collection, Mitch!

7. I received a great deal of satisfaction from show-off weather guy getting plowed.

8. bjcairns says:

Some great quotes here Mitch! 👍👍

9. bjcairns says:

Especially Sheri S Tepper’s quote, Seneca and James 1 2:4.
    Blessings to you and have a good day 😇👍👍

10. Cindy Dawson says:

This is such “male humor”! However, I did laugh out loud at the flying tire! Blessings, Mitch!

11. smzang says:

I do believed you have cured my triskaidekaphobia.
    You for sure have made me laugh and more importantly,
    think!

12. The quote by McCarthy 🙌 That’s a life lesson.

13. I liked Haruki Murakami’s quote on happiness being an allegory, but unhappiness is a story. A lot of wisdom in that.

14. laronda65 says:

Red has been sorely under-appreciated for his wisdom! 😀 Very nice collection, Mitch!

15. nancyehead says:

Love that Kalantri quote. Very wise. God bless!