Mystery Solved?

The World’s Greatest Mysteries Explained:

(Click on any picture to enlarge it, or to start slide show)

A Few Somewhat More Serious Thoughts on Mysteries:

“The world is full of magic things, patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper.” ~W.B. Yeats

“No, I would not want to live in a world without dragons, as I would not want to    live in a world without magic, for that is a world without mystery, and that is a world without faith.” ~R.A. Salvatore

“The possession of knowledge does not kill the sense of wonder and mystery. There is always more mystery.” ~Anais Nin

“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are a part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.” ~Max Planck

“There’s magic in the world. And it’s waiting to be found.” ~The Wishing Map

“Wonder is the beginning of wisdom.” ~Socrates

If there were no such thing as mysteries, we would invent them.

This entry was posted in Humor, Quips and Quotes and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to Mystery Solved?

1. Judy Kim says:

Easter Island and Stonehenge 😄❣️

2. These are great, Mitch! I especially love the quote: “No, I would not want to live in a world without dragons, as I would not want to live in a world without magic, for that is a world without mystery, and that is a world without faith.” ~R.A. Salvatore

3. CLEvangelism says:

Not exactly related, but the word “dragons” reminded me of one of my favorite quotes:

Maps used to say there’d be dragons here. Now, they don’t. But that doesn’t mean there aren’t dragons. – Lorne Malvo, Fargo

4. Easter Island Pez head! 😀

5. Erika Kind says:

Those images are too funny, Mitch! So funny!! But I also love the quotes. Thank you for putting this together.

6. anitashope says:

Thanks for the chuckle.

7. I’m reminded of the Far Side comic showing the Great Wall of China being completed, and the guy slapping on the last bit of mortar saying, “There! That should keep that stupid dog out.”

8. Interesting, I enjoyed it 😊

9. The flat-pack Trojan horse was my favorite–although I did like all of them! Big smiles.

10. GodGirl says:

Haha. Love the Ikea one.

11. johnlmalone says:

some great quotes, Mitch; I particularly liked the Yeats and Salvatore quotes;

12. I just shared that quote by Max Planck on my Facebook page. Great one!

13. Love the giggle! 😍

14. ESP says:

some real good ones in there 😀

15. Jennie says:

Really funny, Mitch!

16. Ann Coleman says:

You find the best cartoons! The first two made me laugh out loud!

17. Laura says:

I spent 2 weeks on Easter Island so those images jumped out to me!

18. atimetoshare.me says:

Great cartoons and quotes. Gave me quite a good chuckle for the day.

19. R.Sarkar says: