Facebook Thriller

giphy4

A True Story

I logged onto Facebook, but couldn’t get past some weird new game Fb had introduced. Playing was not optional; I know because I tried to quit and couldn’t. Telling Faceook, “I don’t want to play” merely turned out to be Level One of The Game!

Then The Game threw a series of challenges at me. I refused to accept them. Which, apparently, was just what I was supposed to do. Result? I advanced to Level Two. Well, at least I was advancing…wait, no, dammit, I didn’t want to advance. I wanted out!

In frustration, I signed out of Facebook.

But The Game was still there.

So I logged off the internet.

The Game was still there.

So I shut down my computer and walked away.

The Game was still there.

It was then that I realized The Game had been downloaded directly into my head, which meant there would be no escaping it—ever!

Then I woke up. I’d been dreaming! But I wasn’t relieved.

Why?

Because The Game was still there!

I was furious at Mark Zuckerberg and his team of evil droids for commandeering my brain. How dare they do so without my permission!

Then I woke up.

It turned out my previous wake-up had been Fake-Awake: Level Fifteen. Thank God I was truly awake now!

But The Game was still… Just kidding.

It really was gone this time. Only one thing remained: The thought, “I can’t wait to log onto Facebook and tell my friends about The Game!” But then I thought,

Maybe not.

The above dream, and my waking up still playing The Game, really happened. What was it? Some kind of Freudian trance? The premise for a new movie thriller? Proof we really are in The Matrix? Apocalyptic vision of the future of social media? All of the above?

“Everything exposed by the light becomes visible–and everything that is illuminated becomes a light. This is why it is said: ‘Awake, O, sleeper, and rise from the dead.'” ~Ephesians 5:13-14

This entry was posted in Culture, Humor, Memoir, Quips and Quotes and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to Facebook Thriller

1. Tina says:

Oh, I hate fake wakes. 😊

2. numrhood says:

ephesians 5:11 hide the word in your heart
    missing scripture

3. Dawn Renee says:

Too hilarious!!! Quite true as well, I try to stay out of the beam. I watch a minimum of shows or informative videos. Still, I feel the attack. agghhh! And, and, there’s the whole melding of our beings with a.i. speak… eek.

4. atimetoshare.me says:

And you have now entered the twilight zone, duh, duh, duuuuuh! You

5. sandymancan says:

Wow love that Mitch it’s like being locked in a mind loop that will not respond to the reboot

6. Beutiflee says:

Everything has to be posted on Facebook. Which is why I monitor how often I use social media.

7. This is the creepiest, coolest dream ever.

I don’t do FB. My husband does. All. Day. Long.

8. tracykard says:

There is no Game. 😉

9. Heidi Viars says:

A walk in the woods might do you good, my friend! (That was like a bad/good episode of Doctor Who)

10. What a horrible dream!!

11. Oh, wow! I would have woke up sweating.

12. Welcome to the “World Of Worship” that is The Game. The Game was created by those that were not happy with God’s LOVE. They thought they could do it better. They thought they knew best. And so they created The Game, to hold themselves above the rest. The Game is real and it is easy to feel. For if you feel powerless in this world, they have won.

What did they win? Well you own God’s power from within.

For the TRUTH remains that God granted each of us HIS Divine Essence of Creation within. Within each of us is the ability to understand Creation through the eyes of The Master Creator.

But THEY don’t want you to know that. Because if you know you have power, they cannot control you and take your power for their own. And that is why The Game was created, to control and enslave God’s People and strip away their ability to work God’s Magic of Creation in reality.

And so on and on they have worked and devised and twisted and plotted to create a reality full of blindness and ignorance to a better way. So much so people have actually begun to believe that THEY are in control and not God. Just an illusion but a powerful one that achieves their goal – for when one of God’s own believes in THEY above and before God, well then their divine essence of power within is channeled to the illusive they giving them more power and control over reality.

And OH not so goodness, how they worship at the altar of this stolen power. They crave to be as Mighty as God. And yet in all their power mongering, they never stand up and hold themselves to a better way. Thus showing how truly UnGodly they are.

But The Game has come to its end. God has brought forth the Modern Day Exodus. We will no longer be enslaved to their power play. We will be brought forth from these dark times into a new brighter day.

And that day begins with an Awakening. It sounds like you had yours. I wonder how many others are disconnecting from The Game and tuning into the Magical Mystery of God’s Creation?

13. Dymoon says:

you need an off button that works…

14. How do you know your aren’t dreaming now, and the Game is actually the real world????

15. Ann Coleman says:

I think your dream reveals that your subconscious knows that social media is very addictive, and its influence over us is growing by the minute!

16. Susie Ries says:

I honestly have dreams that a few days later I have to think “was it a dream or real”- I usually come to the conclusion it was a dream – or was it? Some are super real. Some seem real but when I try to tell them I realize they’re goofy . But I love my dreams . Always interesting

17. Jennwith2ns says:

Why has no one referenced Inception yet? 😉

18. Another possibility for the [What was it?] paragraph:

It was an idea for a weird short story to be submitted for Vol 3 of *The Rabbit Hole*.  While the call for submissions has not gone out yet, it is likely to specify a 2020-03-31 deadline.