Amazing Street Art

It’s no news that I love public art. Many street art pieces (often not officially sanctioned and therefore temporary) take their cue from their settings, commenting whimsically or seriously upon the world we live in. Enjoy!

(Click on any image to enlarge or begin slide show)

This entry was posted in Culture, Humor, Popular Culture & Entertainment, Quips and Quotes and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

53 Responses to Amazing Street Art

1. Lisa Beth says:

Wow, these are so unique! What great artists spicing up the mundane, thanks Mitch! 😎

2. Blimey, I wonder if I’d have the courage to stand on the ones that look like you’d fall to your death! So whimsical, all of them. Can’t see them without smiling!

3. anitashope says:

I shared these on my facebook page.

4. A.P. says:

Incredible! I want to use “No Me Ignores.”

5. numrhood says:

i like that song amor no me ignores

6. I have always loved this kind of street art. It turns something boring or unattractive into something beautiful.

7. I love these! Thank you for posting them!

8. smzang says:

everyone a gem

9. Heidi Viars says:

I love coming here, Mitch. I always walk (click) away smiling 😁

10. I concur with your other commenters!

11. Art speaks ro the world!

12. How do you do that perspective?! It really boggles the mind that people can see that in their heads before drawing it.

13. These are so good. My favorites are the world beneath our feet ones!

14. Garfield Hug says:

I absolutely love this post Mitch! Thanks for sharing how something mundane or ugly is being given a makeover and brightens up the leader!

15. Mitch, you seem to find only the greatest of Street Art. This is a collection of MasterPieces.
    I loved it.

16. Dani Ta says:

They are amazing. Art and creation make our life lovelier.

17. This is awesome. I wonder if I should carve a moth-man out of the tree stump near my home? 😜

Have you seen “Cincinnatus” on the Brotherhood Building downtown? You have to look twice (maybe three times!) to realize the multi-story rotunda with grand staircase and statue is actually painted on a flat building. The realism achieved by the artists is astounding!

19. Candice says:

These are amazing! I especially like the ugly utilitarian pipes, etc, being made into tellers of a whimsical, or humourous story.

20. Great pictures!
    Here’s another one that I really like:

21. nersonangelo says:

I think the collapsed street can cause heart attack ;D thnx for this collection

22. Peculiar says:

Reblogged this on It's Peculiar.

23. TCast says:

Wow! Amazing collection. Thanks for sharing!

24. Pingback: Photo Phriday (Saturday) « ckbooksblog

25. Julia says:

Love, Love, Love this! My daughter is just starting art ed this fall and we really enjoyed looking at this post- what creativity God has placed into hearts and minds<3 Thanks for posting.

26. Kim Smyth says:

Those pieces are all amazing and I enjoyed them! There is so much talent in the world, I hope they got either compensation or self-satisfaction in the work they did. Thanks for sharing!

27. Vicki says:

My daughter took me on my first “Street Art Walk” last year and I was hooked. Art, coffee fix, and fitness all rolled into one. Here’s a small selection of what we saw: https://theculturetrip.com/pacific/new-zealand/articles/the-best-street-art-in-dunedin-new-zealand/ Thank you for sharing the world of street art.

28. rue202 says:

Some of that looks almost real (particularly the last one). I’m almost scared to walk across that pavement.

29. Aly Mac says:

Awesome! I think public art is underrated. So many people don’t think it’s important but you sure notice a difference when it’s there or not. It’s make the world such a more beautiful, inspiring place.

30. Pingback: Amazing Street Art — Mitch Teemley – Rexton digital

31. cat9984 says:

Those bugs are so realistic, they’re creepy

32. kaytiebeth says:

These are so cool. I just traveled to Little Rock, Arkansas and they had some really cool street art and art installations. Check out my most recent blog to see what I posted about it!