The Audience Roared!

G-Fest1A quick update and thank you to those who visited my pre-scheduled posts over the last five days. And thank you, each of you, for excusing me (notice how I assume you do?) for not visiting your blogs during that time. I promise to visit you soon and appreciate the heck out of you!

Why I was gone: I was in Chicago for the first public showing of my new feature film Notzilla (there was a previous Premiere for Cast and Crew).

The good news: The audiences for the two packed screenings at G-Fest roared (not in a monstery way, in a laughtery way) and cheered when the credits rolled!

Honestly? I was incredibly relieved. When you write and direct a comedy, you’re creating something you think is funny, but you don’t know until the audience shows up whether they will. So, yeah, relief! As evidenced by this lovey-dovey photo of me and the big guy. (Note: He looks much bigger projected onto a giant screen with skillfully terrified extras running and screaming in the foreground.)

This entry was posted in Humor, Movies, Popular Culture & Entertainment and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

70 Responses to The Audience Roared!

1. David Davis says:

Did you address the audience afterward?

2. Bravo for you. So wonderful 🙂

3. Mark Tulin says:

Good luck on the film, Mitch

4. revruss1220 says:

Awesome! Congratulations on the positive public reception. Ready to get in line for tickets as soon as you give the word.

5. tracykard says:

Very cool! Congrats!

6. atimetoshare.me says:

This is great news. I love it when a plan comes together. Notzilla is adorable. Congrats on this success and may God continue to bring you more laughterly
    moments.

7. joyroses13 says:

Congrats! That is awesome! How great that must feel!

8. Congratulations, Mitch! This is so exciting! So much work and now you’ve received a wonderful reward! I can only imagine the cloud that you’re riding on!

9. John Sayers says:

Mitch I am so sorry I need to leave replies here rather then just reply back to you. God is truly using you for HIS GLORY in so many ways. So jazzed I am on your email list. I do not always respond back but I am always blessed to read your notes. Is Notzilla out for the public yet?

10. Congratulations!!!! So glad it went so well after all the hard work you and your team put in it!!!!

11. Looking forward to seeing it. I have a friend who is a serious Godzilla fan, but he’s not a fan of parodies although from what you have said, I might be able to convince him to give it a try.

Notzilla is the cutest monster I’ve ever seen! Couldn’t help but notice the oversized zipper, too, right up his front. Hilarious! Not surprised the audience roared and cheered–not one bit.

13. So pleased it went well. That’s a great monster

14. trE says:

Haha. You both look quite happy. Welcome back in the flesh, Mitch!

15. M.B. Henry says:

That’s wonderful news! congrats!

16. So proud of you.
    Are you trying to get it distributed elsewhere?

17. badfinger20 says:

My son and I watched a featurette on it and we are looking forward to seeing it.

18. Mischenko says:

Congratulations, Mitch! Exciting! 🙂

19. Great photo! He’s super cute, not scary at all. Congratulations on all of your hard work!

20. Bill Sweeney says:

Knowing the writer, I am sure it’s hilarious 🙂

21. Pingback: The Audience Roared! — Mitch Teemley | Ups and Downs of Family History V2.0

22. Congratulations, and I love the photo!

23. So happy for you.
    I was just thinking today that there’s nothing quite so endearing as someone who laughs at your jokes. How encouraging to have a whole audience roaring. Congratulations!

24. Jeffrey Haberman says:

50 years from conception to birth. A new world-record set for “Red Egg” gestation. Wow!
    Congratulations again my friend on your continuing blessed creative journeys.

25. Rick Daeschner says:

That is great! Congratulations!

26. Heidi Viars says:

CONGRATS! Keep going … the World needs to laugh more 🙂

27. Ann Coleman says:

I’m so glad the showing was a success! You have an incredible talent that was meant to be shared…

28. Aww so cute picture 🙂 Thank you for a picture of you with a beard. 🙂 Like Ernest Hemingway.

29. When I went to YouTube last night, I saw a video about a Godzilla movie that was never made – Bride of Godzilla. Maybe you can do a Bride of Notzilla as your next project.

30. Pingback: Top 10 Saddest Godzilla Moments – YouTube Video | Ups and Downs of Family History V2.0

31. Kally says:

Congratulations!!

32. lynnabbott says:

Of course, they did! I never doubted for a moment that your film would be a hilarious hit! Bravo for the audience’s good taste! Congratulations, Mitch!

33. Pingback: Don’t Follow Your Dreams | Mitch Teemley

34. Pingback: Not ’Zilla: 12 giant monster movies that break the Toho mold – Weirdness Wednesdays August 14, 2019 | Ups and Downs of Family History V2.0

35. Pingback: Believe in Yourself? | Mitch Teemley

36. Pingback: A Filmmaker’s Journal | Mitch Teemley

37. fipwmum says:

Great it was such a success congratulations!
    Fi