Bee Happy

DTiuCtgXcAAmfIM

I found a bee in my house. The poor thing was weak, struggling to move. So I picked it up. It barely budged. I was going to put it out of its misery, but then I thought, “Wait, why not let it spend its final few minutes in the sunlight?” I know I would want that, even if I wasn’t a bee (which I’m not).

So I took it outside and tried putting it on a leaf, but it refused to leave my finger. So I prayed for the bee (because, yeah, I’m that mushy), and after I said, “Amen,” it flew away!

OK, so maybe it wasn’t a real miracle. But it was miracle-ish, right? Maybe a miracle of timing. Anyway, whatever it was, it made my day.

And the bee’s.

The End.

~A true story by Mitchell (age withheld)

This entry was posted in For Pastors and Teachers, Humor, Memoir, Quips and Quotes and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

57 Responses to Bee Happy

1. pkadams says:

❀ Love your kind soul.

2. Grace says:

Aww that was so cute! I should think about praying for hurt animals instead of rushing to kill them

3. I find many miracles to be found in your story. It was a miracle you happened to notice one tiny insect in the entirety of your home. It was another miracle that you held your hand from ending its life. Another miracle happened when you chose empathy and compassion and considered where it might want to spend its last few moments. Another miracle came when you looked to the Good Lord Above and asked for divine intervention in the helping of a struggling life. My favorite miracle was when divine providence occurred as you said Amen and the bee flew away. Truly a miracle happened when you realized how touched we are all by the divine. So many miracles in so few words, what a wonderful story to share!

Thank you for showing how awesome divine intervention can be when we but give ourselves over to empathy and compassion and open ourselves up to the power of the divine to further enable miracles to manifest.

Much love and joy in your day as you progress your way through your blessed moments of being.

• mitchteemley says:

Thank you. And you too, Alura.

• I love the message Mitch and I also love this response Alura. God’s all in this exchange because a few weeks ago, the Lord stirred me to let some things live, which before, I wouldn’t have, especially bees and wasps that were invading my comfort zone. But something amazing happens when we yield to the leading power of the Holy Spirit, He gives us courage and strength which is need to accommodate this new path and way in which He leads us.

Watch this and see God…

Moments before I logged on, I went to check the mail, and as I walked under the garage a wasp came to my front and landed on the garage door. At this moment, I usually wouldn’t have taken a swat, but I chose to “let it bee.” Not thinking anything about this, except I was now walking in a way in which the Lord was leading, I logged on to read this message. This is not coincidental at all, God is very intentional and very specific in confirming where we are in Him, where we’re headed, and what He’s doing.

So thanks Mitch for posting a message that could have been seen as nothing, because it means the world to me. It helps me to always remember that the Lord uses everything to get us where He wants us, and helps us to remain on His path!!

4. joyroses13 says:

A beautiful post!

5. Lol, I was waiting for you to say it stung you. Guess I need a cynicism reduction.

6. Lisa Beth says:

What a bee-u-tiful story! Thanks. 🐝

7. anitashope says:

Awesome. I pray over critters as well. They are God’s creation too.

8. Pingback: Bee Happy β€” Mitch Teemley | Penny Wilson Writes

9. A very sweet story about loving and respecting one of our fellow creatures with whom we share this fragile planet.

10. I believe that there is power in prayer. ❀

11. A simple with such a lovely message. Loved it.

12. smzang says:

It made my day too!
    As for miracles, Mr. Peale knew that expecting miracles makes miracles happen. He convinced me (as I sat staring at our floor model RCA radio) that miracles always
    surround us but sometimes we lack the faith or the heart to see them. Bravo to you
    for seeing the miracle of the bee, no matter the age.

13. I choose to believe it was a miracle.

14. ellie894 says:

Happy bee…ginning 🌷

15. atimetoshare.me says:

It was a miracle because you prayed for it, the bee flew away, and it made your day. Lovely post.

16. Erika Kind says:

Love is life. You shared your love and compassion with this bee and it got filled with life again. How wonderful is that?

17. nancyehead says:

There is a great deal of meat in that message-snack. Thanks for sharing it, Mitch! God bless!

18. simplywendi says:

absolutely is was a miracle. love it when we get to experience moments like this! πŸ™‚

19. schoen55 says:

Love it! Whether a miracle or not, or prayers lifted and heard. It was a great story and made me think – “All things are possible, through Christ our Lord.” Amen! Happy 4th, Mitch.

20. M.B. Henry says:

I vote miracle! And those poor bees need all the help they can get!

21. Tamara says:

Bee utiful 🐝

22. Bill Sweeney says:

Great story, Mitch. So much for the “sting” of death πŸ™‚ if you happen to run into Mitchell, please ask him to withhold his mercy from cockroaches and mosquitoes if he comes across them.

23. Your hand healing a bee πŸ™‚ Magical story

24. roninjax says:

Since we are called to be stewards over creation I think it is the responsible thing to do. Great thinking and care, although I miss the mark most of the time. πŸ™‚

25. stormwriter2 says:

Even micro-miracles are miraculous πŸ™‚

26. Just the fact the bee was on your finger without stinging you is pretty much a miracle. It must have been a great experience! God is so good to bring His creation close to us so that we may experience it in a more personal way!

27. Ann Coleman says:

Counts as a miracle in my book!

28. Lucie says:

You and the Princess have much in common.

I, unfortunately, am allergic to bee stings and would have been afraid of it. Bees r so important to our environment.😊

29. Hmmmm, well perhaps not exactly a sparrow, but nevertheless one of God’s creatures!! And, we do need bees to pollinate stuff like flowers and such… 😁

30. JoAnn says:

Lovely story. Made me think of Bob Ross and so many of β€œGod’s little creatures” he used to rescue. 🐝 🐿 πŸ¦‰

31. bostongirl13 says:

Your story just warmed my heart it did. Thank you! 😊

32. Tina says:

Nice. πŸ™‚

33. I found a wasp in my house. it was tired from beating against the window.
    I came up slowly and in a soothing voice, I said, “You’re going to die you sneaky, stingy, buzzy, evil critter!” Then I squashed it…laughing maniacally. I scooped it up and threw it out on the sidewalk and then I stomped it and ground it into a pulp! mwahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

34. dewdropjoy says:

This made me smile!

35. While I have never had occasion to rescue a bee, I have caught and released a few critters that strayed into my digs.  The flying squirrel and a few snakes were all active and alert, so it is a minor miracle that nobody was hurt and nothing was broken in the frantic captures.

36. dewdropjoy says:

Mitch,

I don’t know if you can get this email this way but I didn’t want to comment publicly on a post of your in order to to send you message.

I am the blogger Dewdropjoy who had a blog “About Grace” for a bit of time about going though a divorce, being a single mother of five and learning to breath again. You were a follower. You since have asked to follow again. However, I had to shut the blog down Dec 2018 due to my ex-husband threatening legal action for what I was writing about him. At this time it’s not worth a legal battle about that. Unfortunately we have other legal matters of greater urgency.

I have thought of starting another blog about life but have yet to do so.

When I do get a chance to get online and read your blog, I appreciate your writings. Thank you, Rocio

• mitchteemley says:

Hi Rocio. Your message is showing up as a regular (public) blog response, not as an email (if you want me to delete it just say so). I’m so sorry to hear about the rough times you’ve been going through. Praying for you and your kids. Thanks for taking the time to update me.

37. Sandi Staton says:

Nothing wrong with praying for one of God’s creatures. I do it all the time.

38. YBP says:

Oh my! Loved your your story. It was a MIRACLE! Thanks so much for sharing your kind heart. BEE HAPPY! πŸ™‚

39. Mitch,

I particularly loved this post (message). I try to teach compassion in my children. When we see bees or other insects in our pool, we offer them a “rescue raft” (flip flop), and sometimes when they dry off, they fly away. It is gratifying to treat all God’s creatures with love and compassion.

40. Kim Smyth says:

You are a kind soul and a great storyteller! Bless you!