Lousy God

backfatgirl_largewideYou are God!” a Hindu friend told me. “Sorry,” I replied, “but I could never respect a religion with such low standards.”

This entry was posted in Culture, For Pastors and Teachers, Humor, Quips and Quotes, Religion/Faith and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Lousy God

1. LOL! Right???! 🙂

2. I lean on the everlasting arms everyday. I know they are not mine.. 😂

3. I was going to comment about wondering where the Idea that man is God started. But I remembered an incident that was written about one of my ancestors & a “so-called teacher” as they sat down under a particular tree for lunch.

4. Nope, I wouldn’t settle for me as God. Or Shirley MacLaine.

5. anitashope says:

What awesome truth and chuckle.

6. Well maybe she did not want to be the odd one out or she was like anybody else trying to shirk from assuming greater responsibility.😊

7. Sonrisa says:

Love it !😃

8. Perhaps he meant you have godliness inside of you, because you are a product of God – as we all are. And so we are all little pieces of God, being God’s children 🙂

• mitchteemley says:

I would agree that we are all God’s children, Jean-Jacques (although many are alienated from him). But the phrase “little pieces of God” would seem to imply that God is an impersonal force of which everyone and everything is a part (pantheism), rendering the term children of God meaningless.

• Mitch, thank you for your reply. I’m from a Christian upbringing, so I know what you mean. I think that we can be both children of God and be tools of God, meaning that we are worthy enough to carry God’s light – meaning that God can shine his light through us if we are open to it and if we are sufficiently developed on a spiritual level. That does not mean we ‘become God’, but we can become consciousness co-creators in the sense that we are inspired and influenced by God to do his work and allow him to channel his spirit through us.

Maybe my expression “pieces of God” was not so well expressed. I wrote an article in recently going into more details and I just use different terminology to more or less arrive at the same place . I do realise though that it may not fit the traditional Christian belief of our relationship with God, so respect your point of view. Anyway, perhaps there’s something in there that could resonate:

Best wishes,
        Jean-Jacques

• mitchteemley says:

Thanks for your kind and respectful response, Jean-Jacques. Although there are overlaps in our beliefs, we do indeed believe different things regarding the character of God and the nature of humanity. So much of modern “spirituality” pays lip service to God as the source or force from which we spring, but is about self rather than God. Christianity is inexorably about God: “This is eternal life, that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent” (John 17:3). “Eternal life” in the Greek means not just everlasting life, but the true purpose or essence of life. Blessings, my friend.

9. Ann Coleman says:

Ha! I feel the same way! (About me, I mean… not you!)

10. Sometimes you have to just stand up and state you peace. Great response.

11. Trust me, people: only a fool would want ME to be God, and I don’t want the job. I’ll leave it to the only One who is qualified.

12. Lileana Oreiro says: