Love and Benches

What is it about love and public benches?

(Click on any image to enlarge it)

“If I had a flower for every time I thought of you, I could walk through my garden forever.” ~Alfred Lord Tennyson

“If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.” ~1 Corinthians 13:1-2

“Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.” ~Robert A. Heinlein

“And now, these three things remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.” ~1 Corinthians 13:13

This entry was posted in Culture, Humor, Quips and Quotes and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

40 Responses to Love and Benches

1. Aww I love the one with the goat on it. You reminded me that my sweet dog Angel loves to get up on my prayer bench in my garden. These are so wonderful I love life on a bench Mitch…great idea! 🙂

2. Ha! Cool post. Hubby and I take a walk everyday so we can go sit on, you guessed it…. the bench. Now I know why! What makes a bench so magical however, completely eludes me. 🙂

3. These are all marvelous, whimsical, bringing a smile. But “Love Remembers”? Ohhhhhhh. Yes.

4. Zeeshan Amin says:

So many facets of love ❤️

5. Yashasvi says:

Such a cute post😍 .. also,I’ve nominated you for the Sunshine blogger award ,check out my post❤️

6. Dymoon says:

great collection

7. Wow,lucky to have come across different shades of love. Great post.

8. There were some honestly creepy ones. I just don’t think I could bring myself to sit too long by the skeletons. I’d make haste to find another place to rest 😉

9. anitashope says:

What wonderful quotes and your pictures are awesome. Love the various lamp posts pics.

10. Love the photos and the quotes!

11. pkadams says:

I love this!

12. My wife is the same.
    She sees a flat space . . .
    she’s gotta put something on it !?

13. Preciousone says:

Absolutely lovely! The pictures were such a great complement to the words 😉

14. Deb Farris says:

Mitch, live this post! 😉 So fun, funny and so poignant. I just love this: “Love doesn’t just sit there, like a stone, it has to be made, like bread; remade all the time, made new.” ~Ursula K. Le Guin.
    Time spent here is time always well spent!

15. numrhood says:

1 corinthians 11:11-13
    1 corinthians 13:11
    hide the word in your heart
    thou shall not sin against thee
    although god is know by it’s teachings
    he can teach everything through Christ
    he is my strength

16. Gosh, this was so beautiful!

17. Heidi Viars says:

Pictures speak a thousand words … I like them … I can read them faster 🙂

18. Those bench pictures are great. And your quotes made me realise that benches are rarely for a single person, they embody companionship and solidarity.

19. These are really great photos.

20. Candice says:

Wow! Some of these are so imaginative. I love them! Thanks.

21. gpavants says:

Hi Mitch,

Does doing a variety of pieces, short and long, really feed the creativeness in you? I know in between book projects getting smaller blog pieces and devotionals keep the creative fire burning for me.

Thanks for always sharing.

Gary

22. Pingback: Love and Benches – Indians Abroad Desi Videsh Me

23. Pingback: Love and Benches — Mitch Teemley | Ups and Downs of Family History V2.0