Bear With Me!

th1XBHM3PJ

To my old faithfuls, and hopefully a few new faithfuls, as well: I’m scrambling to finish the first draft of my novel Over-the-Rhine (based on the screenplay of my feature film of the same name). As a result, I’ll be slow in visiting your blog sites over the next week or two. But I will visit, I promise! Blessings till it hurts! ~Mitch

(No, that’s not actually me in the photo. I’m more the rugged, handsome type.)

This entry was posted in Books, Humor, Movies, Popular Culture & Entertainment, Quips and Quotes, Writing and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

39 Responses to Bear With Me!

1. kmcflutist68 says:

Growing up in Cincinnati gave me the opportunity to go to school in Over the Rhine. I attended the School for Creative and Performing Arts when it was on Sycamore St. Learning to love others from all backgrounds and all races was one of the most important things that shaped my heart as an adult. Yes , we were privileged to excel in our area of the arts, but we encouraged and loved each other in the process. My love for Jesus enhances it, but it brings me such joy to still have such love for my time in Over the Rhine!

• mitchteemley says:

Our daughters went to the old SCPA on Sycamore, too. OTR is such a mix of beauty and pain, isn’t it?

• kmcflutist68 says:

Oh wow! What year did they graduate? Yes, much beauty in OTR and yet so much pain to take in at the same time. It has always made me think of stain glass, like the ones in the entrance of SCPA. The beauty of that glass in all its glory was the focal point but through the gorgeous stain glass, I could still see the pain on the streets and even some that took place in the school. But it took both elements to open my eyes to what is most important.

2. lynnabbott says:

No worries, Mitch! No expectations here! Just delighted to hear from you on your blog when you have time! So happy for you about the novel version of your film! All the best to you and yours, my amazingly talented and wonderful friend! 🙂

3. God Bless You in your endeavors!!!! So glad you are going for it!

4. It’s ok if you don’t visit me. I’m all about sacrificing for the higher good. 🙂

5. as my Uncle Joe use to say, “Get ‘er done.”

6. trE says:

You take your time, Mitch. Happy Writing and good luck!

7. roninjax says:

Keep pressing on Mitch. We all have limited time and it’s an ongoing challenge to schedule everything we desire to accomplish. 🙂

8. revruss1220 says:

Not to worry. First things first. Happy writing!

9. atimetoshare.me says:

As I approach the elder years of living I feel compelled to finish my novel. When i think of all the classical authors, I have to ask myself who I think I am! What makes me think I have the talent to spin a yarn that someone might enjoy reading? I don’t really think I can, but there’s something urging me on. When we are so moved, we simply must respond. Any creative process demands our dedication to completion,

May God direct your mission. You are already proving your talent and using it to serve Him. With Him you’re destined to succeed. Our time on earth is limited. We must use every second of it to serve Him while we can❤️❤️

10. simplywendi says:

sending you lots of blessings as you finish your novel, this sounds so very exciting!

11. nancyehead says:

Godspeed, Mitch!

12. Happy writings and such a lovely picture.

13. smzang says:

I’d like to preorder a copy
    (autographed of course)

14. It’s already done. I see you at your first book signing… your pen has run out of ink and all books are sold. 🙂

15. cricketmuse says:

Hope you are bearing up under the regime of writing.

16. I’m looking forward to reading your “galley proofs” as a few teasers on your blog, Mitch. The period of WWII is very close to me having listened to my father’s stories: TSGT 95th Div. Anti-Tank, Battle of the Bulge, Bronze Star, First group to return to the States on HMS Queen Mary (in her battleship-gray livery) which entered NY Harbor with all fireboats streaming a welcome and a barge, placed near Lady Liberty upon which Kate Smith was singing “God Bless America.”
    Later in life, my Creative Writing professor, Manfred Wolf published his memoirs about he and his Jewish Family fleeing Europe under the noses of the Nazis. http://www.survivalinparadise.com He authorized me to write a screen adaptation which has never gained traction. A couple of European producers have said that it’s not “exciting” enough. Can you imagine? Seems to me that that failing could be remedied by an experienced screenwriter, but when we recruited one, he wanted to start all over and make my professor’s life into something entirely different from the memoir, just for commercial reasons. I would sincerely appreciate your taking a look at my script and offering your opinion. If you can see a project in there and would be interested, I’m certain Manfred Wolf would give his blessing. The wrier we recruited and his Producer friend have done nothing, Not even a few sample “pages.” My adaptation is here: https://vernonmileskerr.files.wordpress.com/2018/01/survivalinparadise-by-vernon-miles-kerr.pdf
    Cheers,
    Vern

17. mwilhelmblog says:

Is this a sign that the film will be released soon.

18. If I were here to have you visit my site, I would have nothing to offer. The key is to continue to visit and support your efforts. Keep working on all you feel is your strength. The best to you in your efforts.

19. Jennie says:

Blessings to you, Mitch!

20. Dave says:

Best of luck on the novel and its release! hope you’ll keep us informed as to when and how to get ahold of it.