Attack of the Mole People!

Recent photo of our backyard:Presentation1

Help! We’re under attack by a mole! I’ve named him “Manny” (because there may actually be many of them). At first he would leave a lump here, a lump there. I’d smile and stomp it down. Cute. No big. But now he’s turning molehills into mountains–about a dozen a week; the squirrels have become quite adept at using pitons and rappelling line.

I waited far too long to deal with this, and now I’m pretty sure he’s the size of a Dodge van. Also, he may have hired foreign mercenaries, so I don’t want a direct confrontation with him. There are so many tunnels around our house that our basement has begun to flood seasonally. I’ve renamed it de Nile, because for too long I’ve been in denial of this problem!

This entry was posted in Culture, Humor, Mitchellaneous and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

29 Responses to Attack of the Mole People!

1. trE says:

You better get on it, Mitch. Sounds like quite the issue now. *shrugs*

2. or you could just go with it and turn your backyard BMX bike racing course. Maybe you could charge admission and sell sports drinks and pizza for a little extra money.

If the mole finds out you’re making money off their efforts they might stop digging to sue you for a share of the profits.

3. anitashope says:

Dude, I am with you. So done with the moles. You don’t have these much in the south – too much red clay.

4. lol! I know the situation isn’t funny, but your description is! 🙂 I wish you luck!

5. Until I moved to Indiana I had no idea how many or how big moles were up here. Down home in south Alabama, it was a rare thing to even see one. Good luck!

6. JOY journal says:

This time, it’s personal.

7. We have at least a dozen in our yard.

8. Are you sure Manny is not some giant nutria living in your area? 🙂

9. My husband feels your pain.

10. smzang says:

I am ‘LOL’ and it feels like the world just lifted off my shoulders. So very much enjoyed. btw Our pastor from time to time mentions infuences and enjoyments
    in his Sunday messages. CS Lewis is a favorite, and another is Isaac Air Freight.
    I asked his wife about it afterwards and she told me he still has a collection of
    IAF tapes. I considered him a brilliant Christian the first time I heard him speak,
    and now I have learned he has impeccable taste too. Good luck with the mole, but
    keep him mind, Be kind to our tunneling friends, because a mole may be somebody’s
    mother. I’m ducking.

11. We had mole problems a couple of years ago, Mitch. Made a slurry of really stinky rotting onions, shallots, and garlic and poured it into the main tunnel holes. The moles all packed up and moved across the street to our neighbors’ yard. We didn’t see any molehills for at least 6 months. Coincidence? Maybe . . . but maybe not.

12. diannmeynor says:

OHHHH that was funny!! ((we used to put a BIG scoop of smelly dog poop in their holes….sent them packing to the neighbors location…..))

13. gpavants says:

Hi Mitch,

Nice allegory, or analogy?

Gary

14. Ann Coleman says:

Oh, I’m so sorry! My mom had a mole problem a few years ago, and it was so hard to deal with. I even tried bribing them to move into the neighbor’s yard, but they weren’t interested….

15. 🤣 I actually laughed out loud over the “manny” jome