You Are My Allegory

Today is my wife’s birthday.

Solent News & Photo Agency

It’s no great wonder we should think in metaphors

Our lives are but a parallel to something more

Still, lacking that more perfect world we’ll call this Life

And mend each other’s broken wings and salve our strife

Until the day the Real arrives, sublime, complete

You’ll be my favorite allegory, dear, replete

With dreams that are entwined in mine, and thinking of

Your face I’ll know I’ve had a glimpse of perfect Love

This entry was posted in For Pastors and Teachers, Memoir, Poetry, Quips and Quotes and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

37 Responses to You Are My Allegory

1. Roses, chocolates and candlelight dinner for two?

2. claire says:

What a lovely commemoration of love! I especially like the part, “mend each other’s broken wings”.

3. esoterica says:

So beautiful! happy birthday to your wife! 🙂

4. Lovely, and a Happy Birthday to your wife, Mitch. “O)

5. What a blessing she has been to you! I am SO happy you appreciate her so much!

6. What a beautiful love note, Mitch. Happy birthday to your wife. 🙂

7. radiostudy says:

Lovely!!

8. Your wife must be thrilled with her birthday gift! Who could ask for anything more?

9. smzang says:

That is one birthday gift that is sure to fit, that will never go out of style,
    and best of all, it will not chip, break or tarnish.

Happy Birthday to your wife.

10. joyroses13 says:

Beautiful! Nothing compares I feel to sentiments from the heart. ❤

11. Jo Martin says:

Love poem to your wife is beautiful. Thanks for sharing,

12. Wow! I didn’t realize you were a writer :).

13. I have been touched and changed. Very nice.

14. themeonnblog says:

Happy Birthday to your wife!

15. Decenna says:

What a beautiful tribute to your life partner ! 🌟

16. revruss1220 says:

Beautifully put. Besides having a spouse who gives the gift of poetry, your wife is also blessed to observe a birthday on the only date that is also a command: “MARCH FORTH!”

17. Happy Birthday to your other half! What a beautiful poem you have written for her! She’s obviously an amazing and inspiring lady! 🙂

18. cat9984 says: