Speaking the Truth

God is love.

~John 4:8

Hence, if we do not speak out of love, we do not speak for God

Period.

presentation1

This entry was posted in Culture, For Pastors and Teachers, Quips and Quotes, Religion/Faith and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Speaking the Truth

1. Yes. It doesn’t matter what someone else has done, or I think they have done. Love is love. No excuses. I occasionally fail and when I do, I apologise as soon as possible. We’re all fallen. We all make mistakes. We can all say sorry. Love is love is love. Thank you, Jesus ❤

2. trE says:

Amen.

Thank you, Mitch.

3. Jo Martin says:

Thanks for the reminder.

4. Erika Kind says:

Truth! God is love and love is God’s language.

5. karanoel says:

6. Amen – that’s an interesting book you’re reading there…

7. Mary Jane says:

I find this is one of the hardest – if not THE hardest commandment in the Bible – especially if you have to love in spite of insults and humiliation. The longer I’m a christian, the more I admire the fact that Jesus forgave those that crucified Him.

• mitchteemley says:

Amen, Mary Jane. You probably know this, but what gets obscured in the translation from Greek to other languages, is that Greek has at least four different words for love. The word the New Testament consistently uses, agape, means a transcendent, selfless love, that is not based on its object’s lovable-ness. We can’t drum agape up on our own, but we can tap its source: God himself. Blessings in your journey of faith and love!

8. Very good. Need more time to think.

9. gpavants says:

Hi Mitch,

Pray before we speak so people get the real love of God. There are times He takes our words away, too. I guess those are listening times.

How are things with you? Movie is done!

In Christ,