My Top Ten Blog Posts of 2018

So, this may seem a bit self-promoting (ahem, “may”?), but last year people said they appreciated a second chance to read some “bests” they’d missed. Not that these are all bests per se. Actually, there are three sets of tens here: Most Read, Most Liked, and finally some personal faves (my “confound-it-I-like-this-one-and-so-should-you!” category).

The 10 Most Read

1. Caterpillars Don’t Become Butterflies – Posted in 2015, this is the most viral thing I’ve ever done (apart from catching that nasty case of strep throat in college).
  2. The Life of a Writer – A collection of quotes that struck a chord with writers.
  3. Build Your House on a Rock – Another viral post; popular with discussion groups.
  4. A Life of Prayer – A shoot-from-the-heart post for like-minded readers.
  5. Parenting Illustrated – Snarky-sweet toons for mamas, papas, and cubs.
  6. Over-the-Rhine – Official Trailer – The first trailer for my upcoming feature film!
  7. Tips for Writers: Write What You Know? – Good or bad writing advice?
  8. Best Movies of 2017 – An in-depth study of the lesser Tasmanian wombat. Or not.
  9. Headlines You May Have Missed – Proof humans are Earth’s strangest species.
  10. The Problem with Boys – Confronting our angry, alienated young males.

The 10 Most Liked

1. The Life of a Writer (see Most Read list)
  2. Love is Like That – A Father’s Day post about love’s uncanny ability to multiply.
  3. Tips for Writers: Love the Burn – Like it or not, discomfort = growth!
  4. Life and Death – A childhood encounter with the unknown.
  5. Tips for Writers: Write What You Know? (see Most Read list)
  6. Only Love – Thought for the day year lifetime: Only love can unbreak us.
  7. The Month My Life Changed – God keeps his promises.
  8. Unfinished Business – Helping others get un-stuck.
  9. A tie: Fifty Shades of Me (on aging) and Love is a Bridge (Martin Luther King)
  10. The Right Person – Finding? No, becoming.

Some Personal Favorites (in no particular order)

This entry was posted in For Pastors and Teachers, Humor, Memoir, Movies, Quips and Quotes, Videos, Writing and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to My Top Ten Blog Posts of 2018

1. simplywendi says:

thank you for linking all of your amazing posts!

2. anitashope says:

I will have to spend some time reading these but I love the rabbit. It made me giggle. And the house on the rock, Wow. Thanks for putting these together.

3. grAnnie Roo says:

I’m a POS follower (not merely a fan 😉) and I appreciate the shameless self promotion each time. Your works bear much repeating.

4. cricketmuse says:

It’s only been 3 years! Seems like I’ve always been able to have one your uplifters available. Happy Anniversary..

5. If you aren’t going to promote you, who is? Go for it!

6. Bill Sweeney says:

You had so many great posts in 2018, Mitch. I am looking forward to your 2019 posts. Thank you so much for naming my “Perseverance” post as one of your “personal favorites.” That means so much to me.

7. I really enjoyed looking back at some of these! Can’t wait to see more of your 2019 material

8. smilecalm says:

i’m impressed
    with this collection
    of real talent 🙂

9. Great to have that history to rely upon. Maybe someday I will be able to find 10 posts that are looked at by real people. I really enjoy your Blog and will support you until I quit.

10. Ann Coleman says:

I always love your posts, so thanks for letting us know which ones you like best. Trust me, you are a blessing to all your readers!

11. Eva says:

Wow. It’s great that you’ve linked all your best works this way. This gave me a chance to take another peek at your journey as a blogger.
    You do have an amazing and wide array of blog post. What a good way to start the new year 😊