So, this may seem a bit self-promoting (ahem, “may”?), but last year people said they appreciated a second chance to read some “bests” they’d missed. Not that these are all bests per se. Actually, there are three sets of tens here: Most Read, Most Liked, and finally some personal faves (my “confound-it-I-like-this-one-and-so-should-you!” category).
The 10 Most Read
- Caterpillars Don’t Become Butterflies – Posted in 2015, this is the most viral thing I’ve ever done (apart from catching that nasty case of strep throat in college).
- The Life of a Writer – A collection of quotes that struck a chord with writers.
- Build Your House on a Rock – Another viral post; popular with discussion groups.
- A Life of Prayer – A shoot-from-the-heart post for like-minded readers.
- Parenting Illustrated – Snarky-sweet toons for mamas, papas, and cubs.
- Over-the-Rhine – Official Trailer – The first trailer for my upcoming feature film!
- Tips for Writers: Write What You Know? – Good or bad writing advice?
- Best Movies of 2017 – An in-depth study of the lesser Tasmanian wombat. Or not.
- Headlines You May Have Missed – Proof humans are Earth’s strangest species.
- The Problem with Boys – Confronting our angry, alienated young males.
The 10 Most Liked
- The Life of a Writer (see Most Read list)
- Love is Like That – A Father’s Day post about love’s uncanny ability to multiply.
- Tips for Writers: Love the Burn – Like it or not, discomfort = growth!
- Life and Death – A childhood encounter with the unknown.
- Tips for Writers: Write What You Know? (see Most Read list)
- Only Love – Thought for the
day yearlifetime: Only love can unbreak us.
- The Month My Life Changed – God keeps his promises.
- Unfinished Business – Helping others get un-stuck.
- A tie: Fifty Shades of Me (on aging) and Love is a Bridge (Martin Luther King)
- The Right Person – Finding? No, becoming.
Some Personal Favorites (in no particular order)
- Journaling for Life, Parts 1 and 2 – Discovering who you are.
- Perseverance – My first Featured Blogger, the remarkable Bill Sweeney.
- A Filmmaker’s Journal: A Tribute to My Mentor – Gratitude and tragedy.
- All the Time in the World – Movies, time travel, and eternal life–in one post!
- The Funnel of Life – Rethinking the plan for your life.
- The Parable of the Good Mormon, Parts 1 and 2 – Does love trump truth?
- Awake in the Dark – Why you should pray for stubborn people–like me.
- Hardness of Heart – The world’s number one cause of spiritual death.
- There Must be a Pony – Facing frustrations and finding unexpected joy.
- Doubt and Faith: Christmas Edition – Facing our doubts.