Deep in December

944953_10207987994878546_6140332434751336826_n

“I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love.” ~Mother Teresa

“God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks in our conscience, but shouts in our pains: it is his megaphone to rouse a deaf world.” ~C. S. Lewis

“When suffering comes, we yearn for some sign from God, forgetting we have just had one.” ~Mignon McLaughlin

This season is the hardest for many. Try to remember that you are not alone in your pain–ever–and that suffering is never without a purpose. But if it seems to be, then assign it a purpose, and chances are you’ll discover that that was its purpose all along.

This entry was posted in For Pastors and Teachers, Quips and Quotes and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to Deep in December

1. This season has been tough. I wish you a Happy New Year.

2. Erika Kind says:

Wonderful quotes, Mitch!

3. Chandra Lynn says:

I love every quote, including your own words! Thanks!

4. Wow. Such a warm conclusion filled with wisdom. Thanks you.

5. Wow. Such a warm conclusion filled with wisdom. Thank you.

6. anitashope says:

Words to take to heart. Hope you December was filled with more love than hurt and that your new year brings you great promise.

7. Bob Martin says:

If we listened to God when He whispered in our pleasures, He would not have to shout in our unpleasantness

8. revruss1220 says:

Thank you for these gems. Happy New Year!

9. Thanks, Mitch. This moved me beyond words.

10. Somehow “the fellowship of sharing in His sufferings” is not a blessing I have desired much. But when suffering comes, I will try to remember that it makes me more like Him.

11. smzang says:

Quoting from your post:
    “Try to remember that you are not alone in your pain–ever–and that suffering is never without a purpose. But if it seems to be, then assign it a purpose, and chances are you’ll discover that
    that was its purpose all along.”

There is wisdom in those words, and compassion. Beautiful

12. Mitch, This is a beautiful example of wisdom. For the time that I have been following you, I have had the opportunity to learn and read about many different subjects where I have learned many new things. With that, I can only view the next year as another great time to learn and explore. Thank you and Have a very Happy New Year.