Change a Life

conversation

Dear Fellow Believer,

Just a reminder that Jesus never called us to “witness” to others. He called us to be his witnesses.* And not just on Sundays, but day and night 365 days a year. It’s who we are that matters, and who we are comes down to who He is. It’s not so much our job to persuade others of “the facts” as it is to show them our hearts. Has he changed your life? (He has mine.)  Start there. Tell them your story. Facts are disputable, changed lives are not.

Changed lives change lives.

Love, Your Brother

*Acts 1:8  •  Acts 22:15  •  Matthew 5:16

32 Responses to Change a Life

1. Mitch, He changed my life almost 39 years ago. Been alcohol free since. I don’t try to evangelize or witness, but my story is always an open book. Your changed life is always evident in what you write. Thanks

2. My actions speak louder than my words ever will..

3. 🙌🏾🙌🏾🙌🏾🙌🏾Just be*. Love, “facts are disputable, changed lives are not”!

4. Well said, Mitch, very well said. Our life is our testimony.

5. Make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the Name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything that Jesus commanded. Matthew 28:18-20
    God bless!

6. I really love this post, Mitch. It is something I need to remember, rather than arguing, telling someone your testimony is a much better idea.

7. Erika Kind says:

Amen to that! Yes, change a step and you change your life. Change your life and you influence other lives. Wonderful post, Mitch!

8. Candice says:

Actions always speak louder than words. If your life’s testimony backs up your verbal testimony, it is more likely to hold weight with those we encounter, when the opportunity arises to share with them. Also, people can sense whether you share because you care, so being genuine is vital as well.

9. Jodie says:

Yes! Our Christ like character speaks louder than our words.

10. I’m reminded of the old Lone Ranger meme, “Who was that man?” Let’s hope that people say the same about us when we’ve been inspired to do the random-act-of-kindness along life’s path. A Christ-like person will admit. “It wasn’t me that did it.”

11. numrhood says:

acts 1:33
    acts 47:40 clap n shout
    matthew 5:41 extra mile

12. gpavants says:

This little light of mine, I’m going to let it shine.

13. Averyl says:

I love “facts are disputable, changed lives are not.” It takes a lot of courage to truly be who we are called to be and do. It’s only in the past couple of years that I’ve begun to open up about what has changed in my life, and what is still in process. I realized that I don’t need to be completely “changed” to spread the good news; with the help of God I’m changing one day at a time.

• mitchteemley says:

Yes! I love Paul’s advice to Timothy: “Be diligent in these matters; give yourself wholly to them, so that everyone may see your progress” (1 Timothy 4:15). It’s not our perfection, but our “progress” most people will observe. Progress on, Averyl!

14. I like this article and i have listed it as one of my favorite i have read today,

YOu can also read and share my poems on change from http://trizing.com