We are With You

“Do not be afraid,” the prophet Elisha answered, “Those who are with us are more than those who are with them.” ~2 Kings 6:16

Just joining my voice with the many mourning and praying for those affected by the senseless, hate-drenched terrorism perpetrated against the Tree of Life Synagogue in Pittsburgh three days ago.

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.” ~Martin Luther King Jr.

“As long as you hate, there will be people to hate.” ~George Harrison

“Someone who hates one group will end up hating everyone – and ultimately hating himself or herself.” ~Elie Wiesel

“Hate is too easy. Love. Love takes courage.” ~Hannah Harrington

This entry was posted in For Pastors and Teachers, Quips and Quotes and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

29 Responses to We are With You

1. Roos Ruse says:

Thanks, Mitch. ‘Feeling more courageous here now.

2. Amen. May the Lord bring healing and spread holy revival throughout the world.

3. I think of all the genocide going on in the world. Why? Satan is the Destroyer. He happily leads it.

4. joyroses13 says:

Said so well. That verse is such a good reminder . Sometimes it feels like we are so out numbered but we aren’t! I especially liked the last quote!

5. revruss1220 says:

Amen, brother. Thank you.

6. trE says:

These are such great quotes, Mitch! Thank you for sharing.

7. This is a beautiful reminder. I would like to re-post?

8. carhicks says:

Amen Mitch. The greatest commandment, Love your Neighbour.

9. Praying and standing with my Jewish brethren.

10. One more quote that got my attention a while back: “You’ll know that you have created God in your image when He hates all the same people you do.”

11. “Hate is too easy. Love. Love takes courage.” ~Hannah Harrington
    This is so true, I still hope for the day that no one will get hurt again because of these senseless acts.

12. All that happens, is not without reason. The difficulty is being able to have the faith that allows understanding. Our creator continues to hear us and responds in ways not understood. Those who survive an incident such as this are the ones that experience hurt.

13. Ann Coleman says:

Wise words, my friend. Hatred has always been with us, but so has love. And love is stronger, if we are just brave enough to embrace it.

14. smzang says:

Mitch,

You have created a beautiful memorial here. I hope you will not mind my adding
    another flower to the bouquet:

from Martin Luther King, “I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.”

15. Pingback: We are With You — Mitch Teemley – His Story News

16. Paula says:

I especially appreciate the quote by George Harrison. And it’s sad rather than encouraging, but a great reminder and a reason to be hopeful for individuals who continue to find people to hate.

Here’s a line from a book, the title of which escapes me. “You can’t hate everything and come out sane.”