How to be Hip

hipster-lincolnHow do you define something that is, by definition, always changing? Hipsters are nothing new, of course. Eve was made from Adams’s rib (close to his hip), and refused to accept the status quo. Abraham Lincoln was into abolition before it was cool (“Racism is so 1850s. I’m into equal rights. But you probably haven’t heard of it.”). And, of course, old people are always having hip replacements; I mean, how cutting edge can you be? The trick is to stay of ahead of the curve.

Hipsters, circa 1958:tumblr_me90lsz29E1rll36lo1_500

Get the app before it comes out.
hipster1

Be a princess, and then refuse to be what a “princess” is “supposed to be.”

Suffer ironically.
Hipster
Expect resistance from people who just don’t get it.
hipster-7

This entry was posted in Culture, Humor, Quips and Quotes and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

29 Responses to How to be Hip

1. They’re all funny, but that last one…hilarious 🙂

2. nancyehead says:

Love the hamster sign! Great! God bless!

3. Like dude, that’s so cool. Right on, man.

4. ellie894 says:

Poor hamsters being discriminated against…😂

5. smzang says:

Hamsters will find this revolting…no wait…You might find hamsters revolting
    (if they should happen to read your post).

6. Candice says:

Hee,hee,hee! Loved the sign.😄

7. Roos Ruse says:

I’m hip. 😁

8. Relax... says:

I hope someone just nudged him, “Abe, ya gotta see this!”

9. Had a Hamster once, Chris was his name. Went crazy when he heard the cellophane coming off the lettuce. He knew a snack was on the way.

10. But I learned a shocking fact about Lincoln at St. Louis’s Missouri Museum of History, yesterday. General John C. Fremont, later to make an important mark on California History, infuriated Abraham Lincoln when he emancipated all the slaves in Kentucky, by proclamation! Lincoln thought it was not politically expedient at that moment in time.

11. JOY journal says:

Snapping my fingers for you, Mr. Teemley! Oddly, my teen daughters are of the opinion that WordPress is entirely populated by hipsters. “You think I’m a hipster?” I asked, somewhat flattered. “Except for you,” they replied. Sigh.

12. My hamster Marvy had a better lifestyle than a lot of folk do!
    She ran wild on the heath everyday and even got blessed by the village priest before she went to the big hamster wheel in the sky.. sniff.

13. pkadams says:

No hamsters! 😂😂😂

14. Perhaps its just a combination of my age and isolation but I never really understood why people think they can stand out by conformity with trends.

15. pvcann says:

Love your humour

16. M.B. Henry says:

Well this certainly gave me a good Monday laugh! 🙂 Great share – my favorite was Pocahontas 🙂

17. gpavants says:

Mitch,

You find the best stuff. Love it. I am so glad that being a nerd or geek is hip. But if not oh well, be yourself in season or not.

In Christ,