Be Real

Two-faces-Hawthorne quote

Be real. There’s a world full of people out there who’ve forgotten how. Be the person who shows them.

Be you.

This entry was posted in Culture, For Pastors and Teachers, Mitchellaneous, Quips and Quotes and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Be Real

1. Karen Olchovy says:

Great reminder!

2. Neal Hansen says:

“Authenticity is a daily practice. Choosing authenticity means: cultivating the courage to be emotionally honest, to set boundaries, and to allow ourselves to be vulnerable; exercising the compassion that comes from knowing that we are all made of strength and struggle and connected to each other through a loving and resilient human spirit; nurturing the connection and sense of belonging that can only happen when we let go of what what we are supposed to be and embrace who we are.” – Brené Brown

3. A little off the subject, but my favorite quote by Abraham Lincoln (Not the handsomest president we’ve ever had, apparently) is what he shot back in a debate when accused of being two-faced: “If I had two faces, do you think I’d be wearing this one in public?!”

4. joyroses13 says:

A great and powerful quote, I may have to borrow this quote for my quotes post next Tuesday. 🙂

5. Tanya says:

Very true better to be ourselves and fail rather than imitating!

6. I just unfollowed and then followed again haha. I meant to click on your name oops

7. Lucie says:

Don’t know how to be anyone, BUT me! ;>)

8. Ann Coleman says:

Excellent advice, Mitch. It’s so easy to tell others what to do, when the best thing we can do is show them through our own behavior.

9. Ashrita says:

Perfect and I couldn’t agree more!