Light

untitled

I’m not called to show people their darkness–

They already know about that.

I’m called to show them His light.

“Let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.”  ~Matthew 5:16

28 Responses to Light

1. So true and beautiful thought shared

2. numrhood says:

matthew 5:41 & 5:16

3. 911grace says:

Reblogged this on 911Grace and commented:
    💫 We are called to show His light. 💫

4. Erika Kind says:

Insightful and so true!!

5. joyroses13 says:

So much said in just a few words. Very good!

6. Mark Brady says:

Good stuff Mitch. I wish more people lived that way.

7. Our pastor was just talking about that yesterday! Preaching from Genesis 1, he pointed out that God did not get rid of the darkness, He introduced light – and the darkness backed off.

8. revruss1220 says:

So profoundly simple and true. But somehow so seemingly difficult to live out. We appear to be in the middle of a time when many are committed to fighting darkness with yet more darkness. Thanks for this reminder.

9. “Fighting darkness with more darkness.” What a great way to put it. And sad, but true.

10. gpavants says:

Hi Mitch,

In the next few months we will be doing a special episode on our podcast, Neekology101. We look at the postive work being done with creatives as well as nerds and geeks.

The episode is called, “The Imaginarium.” In it we are looking at creativity, inspiration, and the processes that go into our art. I wanted to call up a few of the bloggers we follow and have them sit in and chime in on that show. It is still a few months away, but I wanted to send you an invitation.

Let me know if you’d like to be on the show. We are looking at starting a positive movement as believers called Free Fandom Forever into media culture. So, connecting our creative brothers and sisters has been a nudge I feel the Lord has been placing on my heart.

If you want to join in let me know at:forbearproductions@gmail.com

Gary

And whether it be in the physical world or the spiritual realm, (L)light can produce change just by its presence. We get to be reflectors, if we choose!

12. Ann Coleman says:

Amen to that! Condemning people is the easy way. Introducing them to God’s way is what’s hard, but that is also the only way to help them.

13. Our eyes are made to take in the light and not the darkness.

Our souls are made with the same intention.

14. carhicks says:

I love this post. One of my favourite songs to sing with the children in Sunday School and my grandchildren is “This Little Light of Mine”. It is so important to let our light shine.

15. 🦋 Amen!

Short but straight to the point of a great truth.