Heaven or Hell?

my_heaven_is_your_hell_by_r3v4n

Heaven is often represented as a reward, a perfect place for the righteous to dwell in. But it’s not the reward I seek. I’d rather be in Hell with God than in Heaven without him. Of course, that’s not possible, because it’s his presence that makes Heaven Heaven. My goal is not his presents.

It’s his Presence.

34 Responses to Heaven or Hell?

1. Amen, Mitch! I love the Lord’s presence, it’s His present to us. One of my favorite sayings is, “Jesus didn’t die just to get you into heaven, He died to get a bit of heaven into you.”

2. I was looking for a post to re-blog, today. I think this meets all the requirements 🙂 Oh, and Amen!

3. Reblogged this on The Recovering Legalist and commented:
    This reminds me of a song by Natalie Grant that I’ve heard a lot over the past couple of months: “More than Anything.” Below are the lyrics to the chorus:
    Help me want the Healer
    More than the healing
    Help me want the Saviour
    More than the saving
    Help me want the Giver
    More than the giving
    Oh help me want You Jesus
    More than anything

I think Mitch Teemley’s words fit right in with that sentiment.

4. revruss1220 says:

I can’t remember the source, but I once heard heaven described as “eternity with God” and Hell as “eternity without God.” You are right on the money.

5. trE says:

Presence: the full reward.

6. Heather says:

Wow! Profound statement.

Amen, Mitch! When we get there, that will be all that matters–His magnificent Presence.

8. I always end up finding odd ways to express things, but sometimes the only thing on my mind is that I want to bury myself in Him.

9. My daughter said it perfectly when she was just a toddler. She had just said her prayers and I was tucking her in bed, and she said, “When I get to heaven, wanna know what I’m gonna do first?”
    I said, “What, sweetie?”
    She said “I’m gonna run up to Jesus and give Him a big hug!” ❤

10. Amen! Beautifully said Mitch!

11. And, there is conformation…
    Psalms 139:8

“If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.”
    King James Version (KJV)

12. I am convinced that Heaven and Hell are not places, but groups of people. If you put heavenly people in Hell they will turn it into Heaven, and the other way around. This world is a proving ground. What will we make of it?

13. Tina says:

You have been nominated. ❤ Thanks for the inspiration.

14. John Sayers says:

“Heaven is often represented as a reward, a perfect place for the righteous to dwell in.” I have grown up and have shared HEAVEN is not a reward, but a place God has prepared for us. A place for those who have a relationship with HIM, has been prepared for us. If Heaven is a reward it will be empty accept for God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit and the angels that did not follow Satan. Oh yea maybe dog’s I am still not sure about cats.

15. Mitch, a premise that I have given much thought and considerations. Thank you for presenting the idea. You have a knack of bringing out the best. Thank you, John

16. nancyehead says:

Love this. God bless!

17. nancyehead says:

Reblogged this on Nancy E. Head and commented:
    Heaven–as well as our earthly walk–isn’t’ about what God can do FOR us. It’s just about Him being WITH us.

18. I agree with frivolous (above)- The allegories of Heaven and Hell are states of being, with groups of people (souls), who express either positive or negative attributes. Virtually all of us, save the Divine Messengers and a handful of Perfect Saints throughout history, are a mixture of both. If it were otherwise, we would have no critics or enemies among our fellow humans.

• We are all definitely a mixture of both. Maybe it’s not a matter of where you are, but where you’re headed. All have fallen short of the glory of God, but if you look to Jesus He will get you there. Maybe it’s not about where we are, but where we are facing? This deserves a ponder…

19. gpavants says:

Dear Mitch,

That is here and now, right? He walks with us now and into eternity. That is the relationship that matters.

In Christ,