Work

The work week has just begun (oy!).

A few thoughts on work:

563325_4294593483892_4195369_n“People who enjoy meetings should not be in charge of anything.” ~Thomas Sowell

committee-meetingIf you want to kill any idea in the world, get a committee working on it.  ~Charles Kettering

bored-at-work1The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning and does not stop until you get into the office.  ~Robert Frost

It’s easy to make a buck. It’s a lot tougher to make a difference.  ~Tom Brokaw

Make a difference.

This entry was posted in Culture, Humor, Mitchellaneous, Quips and Quotes and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to Work

1. Work fascinates me. I could watch it all day.

2. Many people stop working as soon as they find a job.

3. Love this! But truly, people who love meetings should NOT be in charge for the sake of the rest of us.

4. Forrest Pasky says:

This summarizes things right now at work. 🙂

5. revruss1220 says:

In my semi-retired state, I get to experience both the joy of work and the joy of non-work… sometimes in the same day.

6. I especially love that last one.

7. Tiffany says:

Ha Ha, thats hilarious! This is great! Thanks! The last quote in your post was the best!

The second one reminded me of a plaque Steve had in his office for years: “God so loved the world that he didn’t send a committee.” Thank you for making us smile, Mitch!

9. cricketmuse says:

Love Frost’s quote—-he obviously wasn’t cut out for the corporate life.

10. I am as devoted to my work, when at Home Base as I am to my explorations,when away from it. Both involve actively participating in the day-and I, like the great Dr. Sowell, loathe meetings.

11. Reblogged this on Picnic At Asgard and commented:
    A few thoughts to make you chuckle – and then think. Hope you enjoy them, Mitch Teemley writes some really good stuff – highly recommended.

12. carhicks says:

That last quote says it all. Great post Mitch. I love the Thomas Sowell quote, it is right on.

13. Joan says:

Reblogged this on aholdingplace and commented:
    More wisdom from Mitch…

14. The Robert Frost quote is absolutely hilarious! Great post, Mitch! 🙂

15. Ann Coleman says:

So true! I can’t tell you how much time I’ve wasted in meetings….

16. gpavants says:

Hi Mitch,

May your work be mindful, not senseless.

In Christ,