Old Friends

Two-old-dogsI had dinner yesterday with an old high school friend, Jeff. We reminisced about our teenage years, and then went on to talk about the times we’ve gotten together since. I couldn’t help smiling because when I was 17, thinking about our “long” 2 1/2 year friendship, I’d written,

“Old friends sit and talk about the good times they used to have. But really old friends sit and talk about the good times they used to have sitting and talking about the good times they used to have.”

It took a few decades, but that youthful prophecy finally came true. ;>)

This entry was posted in Culture, Humor, Memoir, Quips and Quotes and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Old Friends

1. B. says:

The sweetest prophecy

2. I really like this and it’s true! ‘Remember when’ is every bit as much fun now as it was when it was happening 😊

3. Awesome photo choice. (:

4. It’s what old friends do. The most precious memories are those of talking heart to heart and remembering those things that were dear to us then versus now. Good story, Mitch.

5. joychibuzo says:

Reblogged this on The Focused Heart and commented:
    So heartwarming.
    I wish this for all my friendships someday 🙂

6. Lauren Macdonald says:

Made me smile.

7. Solacebrother/blogspot says:

Interesting

8. Garfield Hug says:

It is rare to have good connections that lasts. You are blessed with good old friends to share and remember the fun and relive those special youthful moments😃

9. John Sayers says:

At our reunion I felt the same way. In fact I started making friendships with some from our class that I really did now that well. After the reunion we have been connecting via email. Mitch I think of you as one of those old friends. We did not connect that much in high school but reading your email hearing I feel like maybe I could also be one of those dogs, only this dog is in jail. That should shake up anyone reading this comment.