I began my big bloggy adventure four years ago today! And gosh ‘n’ golly how I’ve grown! According to child development experts, a typical four year old exhibits the following characteristics:
1. Finding new ways of expressing himself (always).
2. Is sometimes demanding (I know, I know), but is gradually learning to control his temper (getting there).
3. May feel anxious about big new experiences like starting school (or directing his second feature film)!
4. Is deepening in his friendships with others (that includes you!), but may also have imaginary friends (it’s OK, Bobo and Goopie the Whatever-He-Is say I can play with you too).
5. Is increasingly curious about his body. Um, moving on…
6. Knows a lot more words than he used to (I’m a particularly capacious lexicographer–he said after carefully checking the meanings of those words).
7. Is learning to express himself better every day, and particularly loves telling stories. Aha! That confirms it. I’m definitely four!
Thanks for joining me in my big bloggy adventure, dear friends!