Snarky Signs

My abiding love for snarky signs began when our next door neighbors installed a swimming pool sign that read, “We don’t swim in your toilet. Please don’t pee in our pool.” Here are a few of my current faves:

Always helpful to know your proximity to hell:

Traffic warnings with real impact:

People are so hard to control. And so, apparently, are penguins:

And for the grand finish (get it, Finnish?), my favorite:

Welcome-To-Finland-64256

This entry was posted in Humor, Mitchellaneous, Popular Culture & Entertainment and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to Snarky Signs

1. Oh man, that bridge sign is great. Love it!

2. John S says:

Love it Mitch.Mitch I have an idea.  I should have said WARNING MITCH I have an idea.Would you ever be open to my interviewing you on my podcast?  My podcast are not going viralbut I am having fun doing them.  Some of my podcast are just my thoughts but some are interviews whicnI can do even over the phone.  Most of my podcast are 20 minutes or less.  If you want to check some of them out before you respond (which might be wise) go to chaplainchat.podomatic.com  Are you coming to the reunion?? John

3. GP Cox says:

All good ones, Mitch. I appreciate the smiles and chuckles!

4. Mischenko says:

I love this! I can’t say which one is my favorite. 😂 Thanks for sharing. ❤

5. trE says:

Haha. The bridge and the very last one!!! Awesome. Haha. Thanks for sharing, Mitch!

6. Every day needs a few reasons to smile. Thanks for providing them today!

7. The bathroom doors cracked me up!

8. Blended Hope says:

I always love a good sign!

9. revruss1220 says:

Hilarious! On the first one, I saw the name of the realtor before I read the “Not Haunted” message at the top. I thought it was a command.

10. Signs are among my favourite travel experiences: Entering and leaving Hope, AZ- “You have found Hope.” “You are now beyond Hope.”

11. Check out the tile inside the men’s room of a Jimmy John’s sandwich shop next time you get the chance. Those signs are funny to.

12. The Finns have lots of great signs like that. When I lived in Finland, I enjoyed seeing all of them in English, Finnish, and Swedish.

• mitchteemley says:

Who knew the Finns were such cut-ups?

• Oh yes. A couple of years ago the world’s best comic was a Finn. Look him up on Youtube. He’s pretty funny. He talks about language often, mostly because Finnish is so different from other languages. There’s also a great comic called Finnish nightmares. Great humor on Finnish culture. Also, a great book, not written by a Finn, but about Finland, is How to Marry a Finnish Woman.

13. Great post, Mitch. We have been in Helsinki in August. Very nice.

14. My dad and I had a conversation the other day that went something like this:

Me: Imagine how boring our lives would be if we were actually nice to each other.
    Him: Do we even know how to do that?
    Me: I think we only know how to communicate in trash talk.

We are the king and queen of snark.

15. Ann Coleman says:

All the signs were good, but that last one was great!

16. Gotta love the last one!

17. That last one is indeed a classic! Love it! 🙂