Superhero Laundry Day

grime fighter

Crime Grime Fighter! I spent half my childhood wearing a cape. Granted, my super-outfits consisted of bath towels and swimsuits (nothing this fancy). Nevertheless, I was–and continue to be–a legend in my own mind!

How many times did you save the world as a child?

This entry was posted in Humor, Memoir, Popular Culture & Entertainment and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to Superhero Laundry Day

1. LOL! This is adorable. Find your cape again and go forth in the world as a superhero!

2. revruss1220 says:

I love this image! It reminds us that even superheroes need a little downtime to do laundry now and then.

3. I loved the car commercial where the father starts the car from the inside and the little boy, in full hero garb, who is outside thinks he did it. It is wonderful!

I never played at being a hero. I wonder if this is true of women in my era. Maybe I was the princess being rescued.

4. Haha…..as a little girl in the 60’s and with a sister in the convent, I would take a white half slip and use it as a veil. I guess I was saving the world one soul at a time!

5. Roos Ruse says:

I’ll bet there’s a cape on your pen, er, keyboard…

6. Candice says:

I sped through space with Captain Kirk and Mr. Spock, saving planets all over the galaxy, and the odd earth colony here and there.

7. Elitsa says:

Hah, love it! I think I was an Antgirl – used to save ants from the rain. But my father once dressed as a vampire with fangs made of onion and came to my room… guess what my supermom made of him after he made me cry :)))

8. Cindy Dawson says:

I pretended to be Annie Oakley. I had the outfit and the guns! I took aim at the bad guys from behind chairs. Bang! Bang!

9. I was Mary Poppins… determined to create miracles with a spoonful of sugar πŸ˜‰

10. Garfield Hug says:

Good post Mitch. I never saved the world haha…just busy passing exams and doing what the teacher told me to do. Sigh!

11. In my day you had to read to find out who was saving the World. Also, I was too busy saving myself to worry about the World. Great post.

12. Ann Coleman says:

I loved this picture! And I can relate: why my dad was in Seminary, we lived on campus. There was a sidewalk that went around a huge rose garden in front of our apartment, and I would ride my bike around and around on that for hours, saving the world on my trusty “horse.”

13. smzang says:

You have some really interesting laundry on that line. : )

14. gpavants says:

Great! I want to repost that on our God Among Geeks site if I can?

Gary