Forgiving Ourselves

Forgiving Ourselves

One of the few things more damaging than not forgiving ourselves is believing that there is nothing to be forgiven for.

“To the Lord our God belong compassion and forgiveness, even though     we have rebelled against him.”

~Daniel 9:9

13 Responses to Forgiving Ourselves

1. I think the greatest sin that Christians forget to acknowledge is not doing the good things they could have done that day but didn’t. Another closely related is the sin of attitude – impatience, jealousy, rudeness. And how about going over the speed limit? We may not cheat, steal and murder, but…

2. Gary Fultz says:

I keep thinking these two could get along but forgiveness refuses to stay in the same room with pride.

3. Love this powerful statement by Lewis.

4. nancyehead says:

Love this post! Great message, Mitch. You hit both ends of the pendulum! God bless!

5. carhicks says:

I love that C.S, Lewis quote.

6. When “the accuser” reminds me of a past sin, instead of letting it ruin my day, now I just say, “And God forgave me of THAT, too! Isn’t He WONDERFUL?!” and launch into a praise fest.
    The accuser doesn’t bother me as much as he used to. 😉

7. gpavants says:

Mitch,

The closer we get to the Lord the more we see our sin.

In Christ,

Gary

8. Yes!! And yes, again!! Nothing more. You nailed it! ☺️

9. revruss1220 says:

Thank you for this great post. Can’t ever get enough C.S. Lewis!

10. TEP336 says:

I rather like C.S. Lewis. As always, he manages to nail it.