Interest Compounded Eternally?

market-street-mission-jesus-saves-signI was raised in a non-religious home and, as a kid, was clueless about God stuff. We used to drive by a non-traditional church building with a neon sign that said, “Jesus saves!” And for years I thought it was a bank.

This entry was posted in Culture, For Pastors and Teachers, Humor, Memoir, Religion/Faith and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

31 Responses to Interest Compounded Eternally?

1. trE says:

Haha. Well, that makes sense. Haha.

2. humm, well there are certainly some parallels that could be made, but I don’t think the ATM works the same as say, BofA’s ATM …

3. atimetoshare.me says:

Makes perfect sense to me since he is the biggest saver ever❤️

4. He might as well be called a bank 😀afterall we gave Him our lives to keep.

5. joyroses13 says:

OH gosh! This made me laugh!

6. Sandi Staton says:

We can bank our trust in Him!

7. Just goes to show that some terms with which Christians describe the relationship with Christ are a mystery to the unbelieving population those very Christians wish to reach. We need to find better ways to communicate. 🙂

8. Relax... says:

That was such a groaner, I laughed even more!

9. Okay, normally I am not a fan of puns, but this got a little giggle out of me. 🙂

10. Pingback: The Mystery Blogger Award – Teen, Meet God

11. Hi, Mitch! I nominated you for the Mystery Blogger Award! Congratulations! Here’s a link if you’d like to check it out. Don’t feel obligated to participate 😉

12. Ha!! That’s awesome 🙂

13. Rachel says:

ha ha ha ha thats really cute
    Can I use this joke with due credit?? Pretty please

14. Mitch, you the younger, were not that far off. The old saying that Jesus Saves, Moses invests. And today they say, Jesus Calls, I say Moses Texts. Thanks for keeping me going. John

15. neelstoria says:

This is funny, but at the same time quite deep 😀

16. gpavants says:

Hi Mitch,

You are being saved for a future investment, there are eternal dividends, and there was a high cost paid. Maybe it’s a savings and loan? *Saving* from death and a *loan* of a new life in Christ. You can *bank* all of your faith, hope and love on and in Him.

In Christ,

Gary

17. smzang says:

This one brings a big smile.