Worry!

Anxious cucumber - thanks to worylessjourney.com

“You’re worried about what-ifs. Well, what if you stopped worrying?” ~Shannon Celebi

“I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them have never happened.” ~Mark Twain

“You’re trying to eat grass that isn’t there. Why don’t you give it a chance to grow?” ~Watership Down (Richard Adams)

“Worry means you suffer twice.” ~J.K. Rowling

“Sorrow looks back, Worry looks around, Faith looks up.”

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Worry

Prepare

Relax

Note: You may not be able to avoid #1, but you can move to #2. And after that? Heck, #3 is almost unavoidable. Have a great weekend, all you wonderful fellow cucumbers!

This entry was posted in Culture, Humor, Quips and Quotes and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

30 Responses to Worry!

1. joyroses13 says:

Such great quotes from great authors! Watership Down is a classic and have to agree with Mark Twain.

2. sashiengland says:

Mark Twain is a favorite of mine. He sure nailed it about worry.

3. Just about right! the “what ifs” But if worry’s not the end note, it’ll be fine.

4. beyondimagination25 says:

Very inspiring

5. stolzyblog says:

gotta love emulating a cucumber

6. Hey Mitch, pickles worry too.

7. trE says:

Pertinent advice for us worry warts. Thank you, Mitch! Happy weekend!

8. I try to focus on only one what-if: What if I were to assume that I am exactly where God wants me to be?

9. Roos Ruse says:

Since none of the cukes have come in our garden, that remark feels a bit seedy to me. Couldn’t resist. I apologize in advance. Excellent quotes, Mitch.

10. David Pettus says:

And you as well, sir. Great thought!

11. smzang says:

This is better than any anti-wrinkle cream!

12. DeniseBalog says:

As always Mitch, refreshing cause you are “cool as a cucumber” Sorry, I couldn’t resist either. But truthfully, I think you are way cool cause you manage to post every day 😊

13. The picture at the top made me laugh out loud so thanks for a great start to a Sunday morning :O)

14. GodGirl says:

Haha. So true!!

15. Sean D. Layton says:

I’m an anxious cucumber, though I’m trying to reach the state of being just a plain old cucumber.

16. Jennie says:

Love the Ralph Waldo Emerson quote!

17. cricketmuse says:

Not a fan of cucumbers so I shall endeavor not to have a green and bumpy outlook on life.

18. Ann Coleman says:

I’ve always wondered about my true identity, and now I know: I’m a cucumber with anxiety! You find the best quotes…thanks for sharing them. They provided a welcome laugh this morning!

19. SonniQ says:

That got a laugh out of me. Yesterday a neighbor gave me 2 homegrown cucumbers and my granddaughter immediately ate one. She mentioned how juicy it was. I showed her your picture and she questioned the percentage of water. She thought it was more, so she is on a google quest to find out.

20. Love the Mark Twain quote! What a wit he was…as are you! 😀

21. busyb17 says:

Love all these quotes!! My favorite is the J.K. Rowling one by far. Your cucumber comparison made me giggle 🙂 Thank you.