Beyond the Heavens

Beyond the Heavens

Like all beings with souls, I have been perpetually in awe of nature. And yet I’ve always yearned for something more. Even before I believed, I looked for what was “behind” the night sky. I sensed that the spiral precision of leaves, the engraver’s perfection of snow flakes, the sublime splattering of the galaxies were never meant to be ends in themselves, but to point me past them, to awaken a latent love for the One who is “beyond the heavens.”

18 Responses to Beyond the Heavens

1. numrhood says:

psalm 33:01 bless it be the nations

2. CLEvangelism says:

Thank you! I don’t know how anyone can look at nature and not believe God exists. I mean, google “artistic fish,” for example. Why would a random rock collision create that? Stop. Just stop. 😶

3. Gary Fultz says:

And that, my friend is exactly why I go deep into the wilderness at least once a year. revel, enjoy, meditate and ponder what is right in front of us and beyond. A different kind of worship with the almighty God (while slapping a few mosquitoes).

4. Ron Whited says:

I know just how you feel Mitch. When I go to a quiet beach and immerse myself in the rhythm of the waves, I know I am in the Presence of something much greater than myself. To look out on the horizon and know that somewhere out there, there is a God who sees little old me in the vastness of the sea, it is nothing short of humbling.
    Great post!

5. emmelykat says:

This is really good.
    Amen

6. Beautiful! Beyond the Heavens sounds like a fantastic title for a film or book about faith, by the way! ☺️

7. “Even before I believed, I looked for what was “behind” the night sky.” What a resonating idea filled with the truth for many of us as we stood in awe of the wonders of God. Love this post-Mitch.

8. smzang says:

Mitch,

This post fills all the empty spaces…
    Beautiful language, beautiful thought.

9. Beautiful sir….:)