Verb or Noun?

Some things can be both a verb and a noun (fish, call, ride). But I only know of one thing that must be a verb before it can be a noun: Love

Yesterday was World Refugee Day, by the way. A perfect time to be practicing the verb. Here’s a good place to start: World Relief.

This entry was posted in Culture, For Pastors and Teachers, Quips and Quotes and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

33 Responses to Verb or Noun?

1. This is powerful my friend. Keep on spreading the love and the light.

2. Neal Hansen says:

“I wanna know what it’s like on the inside of love.” You’re right, Mitch. I don’t know how I missed that before.

3. Twinkletoes says:

Wish we could hand out 3 or 4 likes or gold stars or something Bigger to express our appreciation for well chosen words.

4. joyroses13 says:

Pictures can speak a 1000 words! And your words are so true!

5. Pingback: I can’t find my way in…I try again and again | Love Through Blog

6. Garfield Hug says:

Well said! 👍👍☺

7. Niki Flow says:

Reblogged this on Niki Flow and commented:
    This is so lovely so true. Thank you for posting this beautiful blog, Mitch. I especially love how many forms of love are shown in the photo. Every person we meet gives us a beautiful opportunity to (v.) love. =) ♥.

We have been loving as a verb through Kiva.org since 2012 and it’s a wonderful way to help refugees as well. https://www.kiva.org/lend/refugees-and-i-d-ps

― Don Juan DeMarco

8. Niki Flow says:

*(rather, Jeremy Leven; or was it Lord Byron?) Whoever it was, it’s great advice. Thank you.

• mitchteemley says:

Niki, many have riffed on the “is love a verb or a noun?” topic, so I’m sure a few have expressed similar sentiments to what I have above. But I’m not intentionally quoting anyone.

• Niki Flow says:

Oh! No no. That wasn’t directed at you. I was actually *asterisking my own comment when I quoted Don Juan DeMarco which is a movie, screen play by Jeremy Leven but the story was first written by Lord Byron. So — no idea who penned these words but it’s a favorite quote about love: ““There are only four questions of value in life… What is sacred? Of what is the spirit made? What is worth living for, and what is worth dying for? The answer to each is the same: only love.” djd/jl/lb

• mitchteemley says:

Ah, gotcha. I do like the quote.

9. I truly verb this; we need more of this noun in the world.

10. Natika says:

Such a powerful emotion, so beautifully worded! 💖🤗

11. smzang says:

It’s not the length of the post that makes it powerful.
    You prove that with this powerful post !

Bravo!

12. cricketmuse says:

I just presented this idea to Kids Corner. One youngster challenged me that nouns can be person, place, thing, or idea. He wasn’t going for the idea that love is an idea.

13. Bryan Fagan says:

Humans can create mountains of destruction and at the same time save a kitten from drowning. We are the most fascinating creatures on earth.

News media seem bent on showing the hate in this world; these photos demonstrate that love is alive and well all over the world. An uplifting, hope-inspiring post, Mitch!

15. Hue Le says:

Oh that is such an interesting observation! So true! 🙂

16. gpavants says:

Action! Reaction! Amen, then it multiplies.