Kids Explain the World

Drawing by Mandy, 4 and a half, attached note recorded this conversation, BETH, 3, Why are there SPIDERS, MANDY, sagely, Because in the old days they only had spiders for PETS

When my daughter Amanda was 4 1/2, she drew the above illustration of American pioneer life. Her sister Beth, age 3, asked her why the pioneer girl was crying and why there were spiders in the covered wagon. Mandy patiently explained that the pioneer girl was crying because, “In those days all they had was spiders for pets.”

Where do kids get these things?

Here are a few other real children’s explanations:

Pregnancy: “That’s what happens when you share your toothbrush. I’m never sharing my toothbrush. Ever!”

Puberty: “During puberty a boy says goodbye to his childhood and enters adultery.”

The difference between Mommies and Daddies: “Mommies don’t have a penis, they have a brain.” ~Amber, 3

The Lord’s Prayer (as reported by their Sunday School teacher):

“Our Father, Who does art in heaven, Harold is His name.” (Reece, 3)

“Forgive us our trash baskets as we forgive those who put trash in our baskets.” (Evan, 4)

“And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us some email.” (Caitlin, 3)

The 9th Commandment: “Thou shall not take the covers off thy neighbor’s wife.” ~Susie

Biology

brilliant-kids-test-answers-7funny-test-answers-smartass-kids-23

The End

funny-test-answers-smartass-kids-33

This entry was posted in Humor, Memoir, Quips and Quotes and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

40 Responses to Kids Explain the World

1. As a child, I thought we were singing, “Bringing in the sheeps.” And I thought, “Jesus loves me, this I know, for the Bible tells me so. He is strong but I am wee…”

2. Thanks for the smiles

3. When innocence is still present, as are gems for adults to treasure 😊

4. We used to sing “while shepherds wash their socks by night”
    Hilarious! I can’t wait until my son starts drawing pictures.

5. atimetoshare.me says:

When our third child was born in December, our son noted that we were singing about her a lot in church. Thanks I guessed he meant because her name is Joy. He said no, recalling that there was a remnant of her cord still attached. He was talking about the hymn, with Joy full of cord.

6. Forrest Pasky says:

Provided a great laugh in morning at work.
    Thanks Mitch. 🙂

7. cat9984 says:

I really hope Warren didn’t get marked down. 🙂

8. trE says:

Lol. Kids have such an incredible talent in humor. Lol. They outdo adults without even trying. Lol.

9. Roos Ruse says:

Yes Art, kids still say the darnedest things. Another great post Mitch!

10. One of my kids talked about Pontious (her sp) the Pilot.

11. Elitsa says:

Haha, great! It proves kids are wise. And although only a few of us manage to keep this wisdom, we all agree about the difference between mommies and daddies 😂

12. This is hilarious. Loved the Lord’s Prayer. Thank you for the laugh!

13. Niki Flow says:

Thank you for this! I laughed out loud quite a lot. It felt great. =) ♥.

14. smzang says:

right on!!!

big grin

15. Oh my!! Hilarious!!! Thanks for sharing! 🙂

16. DeniseBalog says:

Yep, laughed out loud Mitch!! Tooooo Funny!! Thanks for the joy!

17. The Kids. They have always had the handle on Life.
    John.

18. I didn’t know that about pioneers and spiders, but makes sense – after all a pioneer doesn’t have a lot of food, while spiders will eat the flies on the horses.

19. Ann Coleman says:

Those are so funny!!! (Although I admit the difference between mommies and daddies and the last one really cracked me up.) Children do put their own spin on things. I remember that I used to think Heaven was God’s wife. When we prayed about God in Heaven, I heard “God and Heaven” and just assumed they were a couple.

20. Jennie says:

I love this!

21. gpavants says:

I think I will look the same 100 years from now. Kids, right?

22. Such fun kids are! 🙂

23. This is the best!

24. uniqueclaire says:

Indeed, kids are amazing. =)

25. These are hysterical! I love how kids see the world! Thanks for sharing!