I’m So Clever

10143944-caucasian-boy-at-playground-gettyimagesEvery time I quote myself or invite people to follow my blog I realize I’m still just that little kid on the playground shouting, “Mommy, look at me!” or “Daddy, watch what I can do!”

My family calls these “I’m so clever moments.”

I laugh at the truth of it.

And yet I persist.

By the way, this post is awfully clever, isn’t it?

Unsurprisingly, the first post I wrote when I launched this blog site was entitled,

Don’t Read This, You’ll Only Encourage Him!

This entry was posted in Humor, Mitchellaneous, Quips and Quotes and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

41 Responses to I’m So Clever

1. trE says:

Haha. A little validation never hurt anyone, Mitch. Happy Saturday!

2. Mitch all of us men are still young boys looking for attention or praise!
    When I say this to people, the women nod because they already know it.
    Brad

3. I think all creatives need a little validation every so often! 😀 An approving audience is just the boost that creativity needs! Love the post, Mitch! Sorry I’ve been so quiet. Have just spent the past two weeks playing a shell game with my studio and then, with my house… moving everything around to accommodate my son who has moved into our basement. But it’s mostly all complete now, and so I will be playing catch-up! Especially can’t wait to see what has been happening with The Wishing Map! Have a fantastic weekend, my amazingly talented friend! 🙂

4. Ah yes, but worth looking at.

5. It indeed is. 😀

6. Ron Whited says:

Ain’t it the truth!

7. nancyehead says:

So THAT’s why we do this! Ah-ha!

8. Not sure about clever….but you are witty, Mitch

9. So true, but I wish all came into the Kingdom as little Children. We’d be so much better off for all the innocence and trust in it.

10. smzang says:

Laughing at this and feeling its truth for myself!

11. LOL! That desire to be seen and known, that need to be on the playground saying, “Mom look at me! Dad,watch this!” those things are God given needs, innate to who we are. We are the apple of our Father’s eye and we desire to be pleasing, to show off. I often say God put that idea on our heart to lead us to Him. Like a good Father, He really does want to see all our tricks and to celebrate us, just like earthly fathers often do when they post pictures all over facebook that say, “look at my kid, isn’t she awesome?”

12. RGS says:

Characteristically clever communication!

13. sandymancan says:

Well that’s because imagination needs presentation fed by validation

But your Look-at-Me’s are spoken with such humility! Surely you get points from your family for THAT?!

15. pkadams says:

Perfectly timed post. I was thinking about attention-seeking after my very hot, long trail run today. I was trying to decide if I wanted to share my ‘accomplishments’ with the world, or just tell my husband. Still thinking. 🙂

• mitchteemley says:

Think away! I often ask myself if there’s a larger application or metaphor I can attach. But other times I just make it a memoir moment and let people find their own way to relate to it–which they usually do.

16. It’s something I think about often. If we have something profound to share, especially something that will benefit others and bring them closer to God, we are supposed to shout it from the housetops. But the big question is, are we shouting “Look at Him!” or “Look at me!”? I’m not sure I can ever fully discern my own motives. (Thank God for grace!)

17. I know. I look at the number of followers every time I open my blog. I’m trying hard to keep up with you and I’m still 1000 behind! ❤

18. Very good. My wish is to be able to be as clever as most. I really lack the creativity.
    Or is that too Clever?

19. E says:

Mitch you’re the cleverest! What will you say next! 🙂

20. I TOTALLY relate! Even about the obsessive bent. Maybe we’re both part of the same weird demographic. (drama students, talent show contestants, screenwriters…)

21. Well, if memory serves, we both grew up in SoCal. 🙂

22. Lori_Lounge says:

I love this! I struggle with wanting the world to know about everything that went on today or should I just make a phone call. ….I usually end up doing both. 🙂