A Few More Thoughts about Moms

6a00d8341c613853ef00e54f1afadc8833-800wi

“A mother is a person who, seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie.” ~Tenneva Jordan

“The phrase ‘working mother’ is redundant.” ~Jane Sellman

“God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers.” ~Jewish Proverb

“Every beetle is a gazelle in the eyes of its mother.” ~Moorish Proverb

“The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness.” ~Honoré de Balzac

“Mothers are the gardeners of the human race.”

~Anna A. Rogers

hands-with-plant

Say it with me: “Thank you, Mom!

Um, can I have that last piece of pie?”

This entry was posted in Culture, Humor, Quips and Quotes and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to A Few More Thoughts about Moms

1. joyroses13 says:

Thank you for the wonderful quotes. Love the beetle and forgiveness one, they are so true. Both are new ones to me.

2. You’re sweet, Mitch. Loved this! 👏

3. roninjax says:

Very true. I recall many times when my mother all of a sudden wasn’t hungry when she realized there was not enough food to go around for her children.

4. All true – well, except my mother would have fought you over the pie and there would never have been only four pieces of pie in our house. The rule in our house was: 2 people one pie cut in 1/4ths. 3 people, one pie cut in 1/3rds. 4 people, one pie cut in 1/4ths. 5 people – two pies…

5. barbara runck says:

This is so good, I had to share it!

________________________________

6. alexankarr1 says:

Mothers eat the coffee-flavoured chocolate in the box, because no-one else likes it. They’ve been doing it so long they’ve got used to it.

7. carhicks says:

Great quotes to honour all the mothers in the world. Thanks for sharing.

8. My Way Home Life says:

Love these! Sweet and true of my mom.😊

9. Absolutely true about the pie! Love this, Mitch! 😀

10. Lovely mother’s are !! Great post

11. Please subscribe to my blog!
    I’m a mom blogger without a sense of smell.