A Few More Thoughts about Moms

6a00d8341c613853ef00e54f1afadc8833-800wi

“A mother is a person who, seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie.” ~Tenneva Jordan

“The phrase ‘working mother’ is redundant.” ~Jane Sellman

“God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers.” ~Jewish Proverb

“Every beetle is a gazelle in the eyes of its mother.” ~Moorish Proverb

“The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness.” ~Honoré de Balzac

“Mothers are the gardeners of the human race.”

~Anna A. Rogers

hands-with-plant

Say it with me: “Thank you, Mom!

Um, can I have that last piece of pie?”

This entry was posted in Culture, Humor, Quips and Quotes and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to A Few More Thoughts about Moms

1. joyroses13 says:

Thank you for the wonderful quotes. Love the beetle and forgiveness one, they are so true. Both are new ones to me.

2. You’re sweet, Mitch. Loved this! 👏

3. roninjax says:

Very true. I recall many times when my mother all of a sudden wasn’t hungry when she realized there was not enough food to go around for her children.

4. All true – well, except my mother would have fought you over the pie and there would never have been only four pieces of pie in our house. The rule in our house was: 2 people one pie cut in 1/4ths. 3 people, one pie cut in 1/3rds. 4 people, one pie cut in 1/4ths. 5 people – two pies…

5. barbara runck says:

This is so good, I had to share it!

________________________________

6. alexankarr1 says:

Mothers eat the coffee-flavoured chocolate in the box, because no-one else likes it. They’ve been doing it so long they’ve got used to it.

7. carhicks says:

Great quotes to honour all the mothers in the world. Thanks for sharing.

8. My Way Home Life says:

Love these! Sweet and true of my mom.😊

9. Absolutely true about the pie! Love this, Mitch! 😀

10. Lovely mother’s are !! Great post

11. Mom’s are some of the best aren’t they! I’m so thankful for all of the mommies out there who work very hard for their families each day and the sacrifices that they make on a daily basis for the happiness of their family.

12. Please subscribe to my blog!
    I’m a mom blogger without a sense of smell.