Happy Tuesday, Humans!

How wonderful is it that animals tolerate us, and sometimes even deign to love us?

“An animal’s eyes have the power to speak a great language.” ~Martin Buber

“Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.”     ~Anatole France

“Our perfect companions never have fewer than four feet.” ~Colette

“A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.”     ~John Billings

“I have studied many philosophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is     infinitely superior.” ~Hippolyte Taine

Dogs leave paw prints on our lives and our souls, which are as unique as fingerprints in every way.” ~Ashly Lorenzana

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way            its animals are treated.” ~Mahatma Gandhi

This entry was posted in Culture, Quips and Quotes and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to Happy Tuesday, Humans!

1. Love it, Mitch. Thanks

2. trE says:

I just referenced this quote the other day for a poem on Medium.

“A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.”   ~John Billings

I don’t see how animals put up with us. Lol.

3. Twinkletoes says:

It seems to me that dogs are the best therapists possible for people of all ages – no credentials necessary. 😉

4. smzang says:

I feel pretty sure that every person who looked at those pictures
    smiled. I can’t wipe the grin off my face.

5. Dymoon says:

happy mouse has a winning smile!

6. Thank you, Mitch. I love those creatures! 🙂

7. joyroses13 says:

Animals are truly a wonderful gift from God! Love the pics and the quotes.

8. Joan says:

This brought a smile and a lift of spirits just when I needed it. Thank you and thanks, especially, to these wonderful creatures whose planet we share.

9. gpavants says:

Mitch,

So true. God’s grace on four feet. Those pictures have unconditonal love written all over them.

Gary

10. atimetoshare.me says:

So many smiley faces from the animal kingdom. It’s hard to keep a straight face looking at them😉

11. Mitch, great post. I particularly like the last quote by Gandhi.

12. This filled up my heart and made my day. Thank you! ❤

13. Seamus (my parrot) is proof that it’s possible to love the most annoying animal on the planet to an absurd extent.

Seamus: *lands on head and messes up hair*
    Me: Hi, Seamus.
    Seamus: I love you, buddy.

14. Ann Coleman says:

Animals are wonderful, no doubt about that! I know they enrich my life, especially dogs…

15. carhicks says:

If only we could live in this world with them and not cause them to disappear. So many endangered animals because of humans. I love the pics and the quotes. Warm and fuzzy feelings.

16. I shared this with my son and we shared some huge grins over your post! Thanks! I love this post. 🙂