A Filmmaker’s Journal

Two years ago, on the verge of directing my first feature film, a drama entitled “Over-the-Rhine,” I wrote my first Filmmaker’s Journal (now an ongoing series). Today, as I re-post that first Journal, I’m preparing to write and direct my second feature film, an over-the-top comedy entitled “Notzilla.” I’m still scared and still excited, and still covet your prayers. ~Thanks and blessings, Mitch

Mitch Teemley

no-buget-filmmaking-1024x768

Less than a month from now we begin shooting my feature film Over-the-Rhine (I’m writing and directing). I want to share the experience with you, my bloggish friends, partly because I think of you as my extended family (aww) and partly because I’ll be too busy to do much else (a typical shooting day runs 12+ hours). So I’ll be posting regular Filmmaker’s Journal updates once we get rolling. This is only a test, test, test, test…

Some facts:

1. It’s a low budget movie–about as much money as Spielberg spends on craft service (“coffee and bagels”) for one of his movies.
  2. It’s a faith-based film–no, God doesn’t appear onscreen, but he has a key role in the story, nevertheless…and has agreed to play himself!
  3. It’s a dark drama–many of you think of me as a humorist, and there are some humorous moments in the film, but this story, inspired by true events, will take us to some…

View original post 92 more words

This entry was posted in For Pastors and Teachers, Memoir, Movies, Popular Culture & Entertainment and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

32 Responses to A Filmmaker’s Journal

1. SarahC says:

congratulations, keep up the good work!

2. Scared? SCARED? You are an old hand in the industry. Yes, it costs money, but you will do great. You have a great fan base to start with. Then there are the novices out there. Real NOVICES. Talk about scared.

3. Sending you lots of creative vision, patience, and gumption. And waiting to read the journal 🤗

4. Happy for you that things are really falling into place! I know the new one will be as awesome as the one completed! Can’t wait to see both of these films!

5. barbara runck says:

Congratulations Mitch!

________________________________

6. M.B. Henry says:

Congrats Mitch 🙂 Prayers coming your way for a smooth shoot and a wonderful project!

7. RGS says:

Prayers flying to you on the wings of Angels!

8. Jennie says:

I love extended families. Congratulations!

9. Exciting! Can we assume that God has once again agreed to play Himself? 🙂

10. smzang says:

Many prayers and good wishes. No doubt in my mind you’ll have another winner!

11. Congratulation and best of luck!

12. Ann Coleman says:

Of course you are in my prayers!

13. Crystal says:

Congratulations … Wishing you the best!!

14. All the best Mitch. I just came by your blog and love your posts. This is really exciting. Hope it works just as you planned☺️

15. gpavants says:

Mitch,

Go do it! Excited to see your next film.

Gary