Happy Friday the 13th!

“Do one thing every day that scares you.”

~Eleanor Roosevelt

Deadly bridge

“If a black cat crosses your path, it signifies that the animal is going somewhere.” ~Groucho Marx

“What the mind doesn’t understand, it worships or fears.” ~Alice Walker

“Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life. And you will call it fate.” ~Carl Jung

“I’m not afraid of death. I just don’t want to be there when it happens.” ~Anonymous

“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.” ~Plato

“God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, love, and a sound mind.” ~2 Timothy 1:7

This entry was posted in For Pastors and Teachers, Humor, Quips and Quotes and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to Happy Friday the 13th!

1. “If a black cat crosses you path, pet it.”

2. *your* path (eye roll…)

3. @vapor_sage says:

This day has always been a positive one in my family and so it goes in perpetuity

4. LA says:

Great quotes

5. joyroses13 says:

Awesome quotes. Rrally like the Plato one.

6. One thing that scares me? Does getting out of bed count?

7. I’m finally learning to live with a spirit of love and power, not being afraid of tomorrow. God has it covered and, as Yeshua said, each day has enough of its own troubles.

8. There is no point in being afraid of tomorrow. It’ll be a yesterday, soon enough.

9. Natika says:

Such apt quotes Mitch! Incidentally, I was born on May 13th and somehow Friday the 13th has always been a magically brilliant and lucky day for me. I actually look forward to it while many people around me fear it. I suppose I do have a spirit of power, love and a sound mind. 😊😇❤️

10. Re: Eleanor Roosevelt, you first!!

11. Mairi says:

Great quotes Mitch. A great reflection…:)

12. brunniegetchell says:

Love this !

13. nancyehead says:

Going to see A Quiet Place tonight. Not my usual fare? That should count for more than one day–perhaps the whole year!

14. That Woody Allen quote is hilarious! Great post, Mitch! And I love the “hope” you infuse this with the inclusion of the 2 Timothy passage! Thank you! 🙂

I, too, love that Plato quote. Better to investigate the Light than fear it.

16. Crissy says:

Great quotes, awesome finale !!