The Powers of Darkness

Then the powers of darkness

gathered their full strength against Jesus

and took Him down.

And He said,

“You win.”

But then He rose from the dead and said,

“Seriously? April fools!”

You can’t keep a good man down.

yongsung 4

He is risen!

“And He said to them, ‘I saw Satan fall like lightning from Heaven.'” ~Luke 10:18

“For we struggle not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this world’s darkness…” ~Ephesians 6:12

“But take courage, for I have overcome the world!” ~John 16:33

Note: I realize that for some folks this post might seem a bit irreverent. It is not my intention to offend, but to inspire us, myself included, to think in fresh terms about the “great things He has done” (Psalm 126:3), and the convergence of April Fool’s Day with Easter Sunday this year afforded an opportunity to do just that. ~Easter blessings! Mitch

This entry was posted in For Pastors and Teachers, Humor, Quips and Quotes, Religion/Faith and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

53 Responses to The Powers of Darkness

1. Have a blessed Easter Mitch!

2. trE says:

Mitch, thank you. Happy Easter!

3. The Word of Truth β€οΈπŸ™πŸ»πŸ˜Š

4. Brunnie says:

Love your post today .

Who says that Jesus doesn’t have a sense of humor πŸ™‚

Peace ,
    Brunnie

5. It may seem irreverent to some, but God created us with humor as well as seriousness. Loved the post. Happy Easter, my friend in Christ.

6. John S says:

THE LORD IS RISEN, Mitch.Β  Thanks for keeping me on your email.John

7. ellie894 says:

Happy Easter πŸ•Š

8. @vapor_sage says:

It’s as perfect as He is, imho Happy Easter!

9. Jennwith2ns says:

You and I had a similar idea… 😁

Happy Easter!

10. numrhood says:

luke 35:43
    ephesians 6:37
    john 41:08 fear not
    psalm 151:

11. Of course, He has a sense of humor. Afterall, he puts up with us doesn’t He? LOL

12. Actually I loved this! I’m positive God has a sense of humor.

13. Syd says:

Hope your having a nice Resurrection Day! πŸ™‚ Nice post today!

14. God has a sense of humor and is probably laughing.

15. Thanks for the HUGE smile at the end of this glorious day! Happy Easter Mitch,

Deb

16. Squid says:

We had a mini Passover Seder tonight at our house with some friends, and some mutual friends (our pastor’s family) walked into our house in the middle of it singing Jehovah Jireh. The marched right in through the back door and out the front!! It was the best April Fools seder ever πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. However, I think Jesus still wins best prank. πŸ˜€

17. Relax... says:

Loved it. πŸ™‚ Happy Easter season!

18. ☺️ Happy Resurrection Day, Mitch!!

19. carhicks says:

He is risen indeed. If God did not have a sense of humour, he would not have created so many funny human beings or animals. Happy Belated Easter Mitch.

20. HAT says:

The early Christians thought of the resurrection in exactly this way – a big joke on the devil – and made the Sunday after Easter into “Bright Sunday” (or “Holy Humor Sunday”) for exactly this reason. (More resources for Holy Humor Sunday at the Joyful Noiseletter, https://www.joyfulnoiseletter.com/)

Thanks for the great joke! Christ is risen!!

21. Roos Ruse says:

I never read anywhere that Holiness can’t be fun, Mitch. Wholly holy.

22. I wear a blinking light I call my Jesus Beacon. He will be out walking around on Easter Morning looking for the Faithful.
    Great post, Mitch.

23. Ann Coleman says:

I think true faith always has room for humor. And thanks for a post that made me smile on a gloomy and cold Easter Monday!

24. Paula says:

This is no lie. About a week before Easter, some of us volunteers at Sally’s Kitchen (our local soup kitchen) were joking about this very thing. There were different versions of “the April Fool joke.” But we, all Christians working for the The Salvation Army, a faith-based organization, laughed. I think as well as our sense of humor, God has given us His joy. Jesus says so. Joking about the coinciding of Easter with April Fool’s Day is appropriate and perhaps is a product of our joy. We can be fools for Jesus and enjoy the inside joke without offending God (IMO). Besides, he knows our hearts.
    I hope your Easter was all you hoped it would be.

25. revruss1220 says:

When I write my memoir, the title will be “IRREVEREND.”

Easter blessings to you.

26. God loves laughter! I hope your Easter was blessed and joyful!