A Filmmaker’s Journal

This little five minute horror thriller (home movie) was one of my first efforts at filmmaking. It stars my daughter Elizabeth and my wife Trudy (my other daughter Amanda was the crew).

Should I have waited for Halloween? It’s a darkly humorous take on the “pursued by evil” horror genre, in this case a homicidal rubber ball.

It’s low resolution (done with late 90s home video equipment) and, to be frank, a bit amateurish–I’m sharing it strictly for “historical” purposes–so be kind.  ~Mitch

This entry was posted in Humor, Memoir, Movies, Videos and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

29 Responses to A Filmmaker’s Journal

1. woodtic says:

B rated for “ball”. Hitchcock will have to move out of the way on your way to the top

2. Candice says:

That was quite entertaining!

3. The balls face at the end is great!

4. Very unique horror thriller. I enjoy it! Thumbs up 🙂

5. The background music is a real contender!

6. theburningheart says:

I guess the main lesson I draw from it, is how cleverly you can make a horror story, with a simple premises. 🙂

7. Oh, Mitch… I belly laughed until the tears streamed… Oh, so very, very funny! And since my husband was watching the Netflix show “Criminal Minds” last night, I have to wonder how the BAU would investigate and profile this unsub! Ha, ha, ha! It certainly is a crime of revenge. He seems to be suffering from a psycho-ballic breakdown…PTS resulting from one too many bounces 😉 Ha, ha, ha, ha… Oh, my goodness. I’m going to be laughing all day… every time I think of your hilarious take on the horror genre! Wonderful.

8. Erika Kind says:

The revenge of the unappreciated ball!!

Poor Elizabeth. I hope she fully recovered from the red ball attack.

10. It was scary but I think I’ll be able to rebound. 😉

11. Lisa Beth says:

Loved it! Scary enough for me…can’t wait for sequel! 😨

12. gpavants says:

Mitch,

I will never look at a rubber ball the same.

Gary

13. mydaisydaze says:

Holy Doodle! That mum is in trouble….!

14. I liked it. At some point, the ball was bouncing to the beat, which I enjoyed immensely. (Andrew)

15. That was great! Reminded me of the 1960’s series “The Prisoner” with the large white balls that captured people who were trying to escape the island.

16. Mitch,
    Just one of those things. I kept thinking that you would spring a good one on us. Or, maybe you did. Loved it.
    John

17. Looks to be like she was ‘having a ball’. I know I did. GREAT !

18. Ann Coleman says:

I enjoyed this very much! And it ought to make those who play games with any sort of ball think twice…….