Happy Sprinter!

Ah, spring! Today is the first day of spring (in my Hemisphere, at any rate). So, naturally, the temperature has dropped 25 degrees and snow is on its way! In other words, spring hasn’t sprung. Still, I have it on good faith (and I do mean faith) that it will. So Happy Sprinter!

Mitch Teemley

yellow_crocus_flowers_in_the_snow_1600x1279

Uncertain spring,

no longer winter.

Transition’s the only

permanent thing.

So why should we wait

to lift up our hearts?

Let us huddle together

and celebrate Sprinter!

⇔ ⇔ ⇔

“To be interested in the changing seasons is a happier state of mind than to be hopelessly in love with spring.”

~George Santayana

View original post

This entry was posted in Culture, Humor, Poetry and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to Happy Sprinter!

1. Praying for Spring to truly join us soon. This snowing has gotten on a lot of peoples nerves. 😦

2. Relax... says:

And George is wrong!

3. Pingback: When chipmunks collide (and more) | Relax--

4. Yup, my wife and I took a trip up to the foothills to see the spring wild flowers – the road was closed due to snow…

5. It’s beautiful spring weather here but I feel for my friends in New England. While I miss living there, I can’t say I miss the snow. Sending you warm thoughts!

6. Erika Kind says:

Same over here, spring begins but winter comes back. But hey, it is only a matter of time!!

I happen to enjoy variety and early spring (early fall, too) offers plenty: sweaters one day, coats the next; clear skies one day; a gray comforter of clouds the next. Such fun. From now on, when the discussion of favorite seasons comes up, I’m going to say Sprinter! Thanks, Mitch!

8. Happy Sprinter, Mitch! It’s been sleeting today… and calls for snow tonight. March is such a fickle month! 🙂

9. Pingback: Well Hello, Sprinter – Gritty Momma

10. Gritty Momma says:

Referenced this clever little Ogden-Nash-ism here: https://grittymomma.com/2018/03/20/well-hello-sprinter/

Complete with photo documentation from Pennsylvania. 🙂

11. DebFarris says:

The icy wind off the lake took my breath away while downtown today. It was all I could do to get into my car. Really?! Happy Spring anyway!

12. Mitch, you don’t understand. Spring has sprung. Snow is just frozen sunshine coming down to greet us. Can’t you feel the warmth of it? LOL

13. alexankarr1 says:

The Santayana quote is lovely.

14. Spring snows have been with me, all of my life. Even here in AZ, it snowed on Mother’s Day, in 2016. Happy Sprinter, indeed!