Happy Saint Patrick’s Day!

StPaddyDrivesSnakesColor2

∞ ∞ ∞

The part of me that claims to be Irish

salutes the part of you that claims to be Irish!

(I’m actually about a 4th Irish, and absurdly proud of it. You?)st-patrick-celtic-cross-9-inch-2006885∞ ∞ ∞

“For the great Gaels of Ireland

are the men that God made mad,

for all their wars are merry,

and all their songs are sad.”

~G.K. Chesterton

Happy Saint Patrick’s Day!

∞ ∞ ∞

This entry was posted in Humor, Quips and Quotes and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to Happy Saint Patrick’s Day!

1. Relax... says:

Happy St. Patrick’s Day! I always hope my Irish blood is a drop more than my French Canadian. I’d hope that even if the French Canadian was Scottish.

2. Julanne says:

This made us laugh this morning. We’re in the car with our three grandkids, returning them to their parents after a week at the beach. We’ve heard all of this in the last hour!

3. DebFarris says:

Not a drop of Irish in me but Happy St. Patrick’s Day!

4. Jennie says:

I love this! 🍀

5. My mother’s father (my grandfather) was Irish! So, Happy St. Paddy’s Day to you, Mitch… from one Blarney weaver/teller to another 😉

6. Love this. And I love the Irish. All great talkers to be sure. But not a single one I have ever met has been dim witted or slow on the uptake, but all can take the joke.

7. I used to be 50% Irish 25% Italian 25% English.

Now I’m 100% Irish.

The Irish part, drank the other two….under the table.

8. I am not at all Irish but Scottish and English. HOwever, Savannah, where I live, has one of the largest St Pat’s celebration in the US. It is a downtown party that goes on for about 3 days. The city will be on cleanup duty tomorrow.

9. rtfarley2016 says:

Reblogged this on Richard Farley author – humorist and commented:
    I couldna said it better meself, don’t you know.

10. Ann Coleman says:

I like that version so much better than the traditional one! Thanks for the laugh!

11. alslaff says:

FYI, 3/17 is my birthday. Also, the only Irish blood in me is by my Uncle John O’Connell. Uncle in name only; he and my dad built houses together. On my 8th or so birthday, Uncle John sneaked in the night to paint the roof of our house green for my birthday. The newspapers said airplanes trying to land mistook our green roof for Teterboro Airport. As my dear Uncle John so often told me, all the parades on St. Patrick’s Day were really for me. “Uncle John, you want to take a walk?” I’d look up and ask. He’d look down with his huge eyebrows and say, “No, mi lad, that’s why God has given me my Buick.”

12. nancyehead says:

That’s hilarious. I am mostly Irish. Love St. Pat’s Day! God bless!

13. Bryan Fagan says:

Growing up in an Irish Catholic home this was a special day. Grandma loved the green. That damn color was everywhere. Cheers to us Irish!