Solicitor

I don’t like telephone solicitation.

But that doesn’t mean I don’t enjoy it.

bpphonesolicitors-callers

Telephone rings

Me: Hello?

Solicitor: Hello, I’m from Hearing Solutions.

Me: Who?

Solicitor: Is there anyone in your family who may be hard of hearing?

Me: What?

Solicitor: This is Nathan calling to help.

Me: “Satan calling from hell?”

Pause – Dial Tone

Me: Heh-heh.

This entry was posted in Humor, Popular Culture & Entertainment and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

38 Responses to Solicitor

1. Forrest Pasky says:

Excellent. Good laugh to start a Monday Mitch. 🙂

2. What was it like for your kids to grow up in your house? No. Wait. Don’t tell me.

3. Herself and I use similar techniques.

4. You, my friend, are absolutely hilarious! 😀

5. That was hilarious. I’ll have to use it sometime. Do you have any replies for the funeral homes who keep calling, and are trying to sell me services.

6. Love it. I ignore numbers which I don’t recognize, but, you have given me a few ideas to put some fun in my life.

7. trE says:

Haha. Haha. Okay, this us hilarious, Mitch!

8. *Hahahahaha!* 😀 That’s a good one! In future I will follow your good example.

9. You wrote it 2 years ago. It is funniest post ever 🙂

10. Very naughty. But nice,

11. Thanks for my laugh of the day!

12. I’ve got a routine that is a bit long for a comment. Basically, I describe a UFO crash and tell them I don’t have time to stop and talk because I’m trying to get the doohickey put back on the thingamabob so the hickey jigger doesn’t fly off the whirley gig in mid cycle.

13. nancyehead says:

Completely justifiable. Completely.

14. HAHA – love it! And to think that came from Mitch… 🙂
    I have to admit my best one was when they called to tell me, “When want to thank you for your recent stay at our resort”… My response: “What, I didn’t stay at a … wait, what did I look like? And what did the man staying with me look like? What credit card did that … use? Did he take his stupid girlfriend to a RESORT this time? Where the … is this place?” (usually THEY hang up)…

15. That was great Mitch. I used to work the phones in the 80’s and 90’s selling siding and vacations. It was hard work but fun as well. Your post was cool. I never encountered a like conversation. I think it would have been fun. As always, great post.

16. Paula says:

I guess everyone has to make a living. As soon as my little sister realized she had a telemarketer on the phone, she handed the receiver to Cassie, her talkative daughter. Cassie would want to tell her all about her cat, her dolls, what she had for lunch….My sister said it was great fun to watch.

17. Wolfe Butler says:

I’m going to try this with the next telemarketer. Thanks for the chuckle.

18. So funny! I had a friend who used to ask for the persons home number so he could call them back. When the person said that they didn’t want him to call his house, he would say, “now you know how I feel.” Great post.

19. carhicks says:

Heh, Heh is right. Love it.

20. jrusoloward says:

I need to remember this. Most of the calls I get now are recordings made to sound like you’re talking to a real person. I’ve tired waiting for a human, but 10 minutes is my limit.

21. Pingback: *Press it* Solicitor #22 | Its good to be crazy Sometimes