The Stalk Market

Presentation1

It’s been one of the American stock market’s most tumultuous weeks.    Last Friday, U.S. stocks plummeted. But that was OK, because Monday made last Friday look like the good ol’ days: Stocks had their biggest one day drop in history! Since then, stocks have bounced up and down like a rubber ball. Meanwhile…

Sharks are cruisin’

minnows are bruisin’

The whole thing’s just so damn confusin’

“The United States has developed a new weapon that destroys people, but it leaves buildings standing. It’s called the stock market.” ~Jay Leno

“Wall Street is the only place that people ride to in a Rolls Royce to get advice from those who take the subway.” ~Warren Buffett

“One of the funny things about the stock market is that every time one person buys, another sells, and both think they are astute.” ~William Feather

“If stock market experts were so expert, they would be buying stock, not selling advice.” ~Norman Ralph Augustine

“A study of economics usually reveals that the best time to buy anything is last year.” ~Marty Allen

“A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.”   ~William Shakespeare

This entry was posted in Humor, Mitchellaneous, Popular Culture & Entertainment, Quips and Quotes and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to The Stalk Market

1. B. says:

This is the funniest and wittiest blog I read today 😂😂😂

2. My father was a contrarian and told me, “When everyone is selling, you should buy. When everyone is buying you should sell.” My stock broker says, “Buy and hold for 20 years, you’ll make money no matter what.” My wife said, “You did what with our retirement account?!?”

3. Pretty much sums up the market!

Thanks, Mitch. I feel so much better! 🙂

5. M.B. Henry says:

HA! Well put. And that picture!!

6. Pranav Pandey says:

Funny take on the whole situation! Nice!

7. My husband gave me the update every day, so I’m up-to-date on the stock… I like what Marty Allen said because my husband would say, “I should have…”

8. gpavants says:

Hi Mitch,

Help us,Lord to be wise with our funds and time, being tempered by the back-and-forth crucible, sort of.

Thanks brother,

Gary

9. toutparmoi says:

I love the Marty Allen quote.

10. Mr. Green says:

Buying a low fee S&P 500 index fund almost guarantees you a decent return over a long period. It has anyway for the last 90 years.