In the Bleak Midwinter

Presentation1

There’s something about midwinter. Perhaps because it’s too cold to go outside, we’re forced to look inside and assess what we see. “Do I like who I’ve become? Is this who I thought I would be?”

January’s vows have vanished

February’s nows are near

What will I make of the rest of my life?

Where will I go from here?

This entry was posted in Culture, Poetry, Quips and Quotes and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to In the Bleak Midwinter

1. No idea. I am still working on that one myself!

2. Viola Bleu says:

Love that …. why do we always synchronise the beginning of a year with the beginning of new plans of betterment (is there such a word?). Hope the spring brings you new growth 😀

3. stolzyblog says:

Thought this title sounded familiar — turns out I learnt it with a couple of friends on fiddle(s) a couple of ‘bleak’ winters ago. Traditional English tune, I think. Here’s a version with different instruments: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8WGlhJKlGo

4. jrusoloward says:

February always seems like the longest month, doesn’t it?

5. Oh… you are so profound. I’m just scrambling to prepare all my tax stuff for our business accountant in the “bleak winter…” Who has time for introspection when the IRS calls? 😉 Ha!
    I love Christina Rosetti’s poetry, by the way. And that is an incredible photo! Great post, Mitch!

6. emily says:

Not exactly related, but I wanted to share this cover of “In The Bleak Midwinter” by Jacob Collier. 🙂 Hope you like it! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPZn4x3uOac

7. Natika says:

Oh Mitch! It’s beautiful how you express, in such simple words, the inner struggles and questions of wandering souls.
    Just know this. You’re not alone. There’s another soul far away that echoes what you feel.

8. What will I make, indeed!

9. kutukamus says:

Nice verses
    Of cause or purpose
    And facing our own fear 🙂 🍸

10. Pranav Pandey says:

So like what you’re writing. Following.

11. Pranav Pandey says:

🙂

12. gpavants says:

Mitch,

Carry on my friend, carry one.

Gary