Fearfully and Wonderfully

You are the eye

“If I say, ‘Surely the darkness will overwhelm me, and the light around me will be night,’ even the darkness is not dark to you, and the night is as bright as the day. Darkness and light are alike to you. For you formed my inward parts; you wove me in my mother’s womb. I will give thanks to you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.”

~Psalm 139:11-14

18 Responses to Fearfully and Wonderfully

1. Pingback: Fearfully and Wonderfully β€” Mitch Teemley

2. Pingback: Fearfully and Wonderfully β€” Mitch Teemley

3. trE says:

Mitch, this is right on time. Thank you for sharing.

4. I’m particularly fond of sailing ships… and so the Scripture, your words and image taken all together make this truly a favorite post! Thank you!

5. atimetoshare.me says:

My favorite Psalm of all. Great confidence builder.

6. numrhood says:

did you add verse 13 with verse 11

7. Yes, “for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.” That is so true.

Be blessed. God is with you.

8. joyroses13 says:

One of my favorite verses! I love the whole chapter.

9. Candy Lebby says:

Needed to read this….seriously. The Psalms are something else. Thanks.

I, too, claim Psalm 139 as my favorite. How is it possible for a holy God to know all about me–everything I’ve ever done, every thought that’s crossed my mind, and still love and care for me as he does (vs. 1-4)? Even more, with his infinite wisdom he planned out my days before I was born (v. 16). And with his gracious compassion he is always thinking about me. Every thought is based on what’s good for me (vs. 17-18). Excuse me for getting carried away. This psalm can do that!

11. Ann Coleman says:

I loved your quote, because it is so true. I know this from my own heart….

12. gpavants says:

Amen. It is good to remember when we have doubtful days.

In Christ,