A Filmmaker’s Journal

Over-the-Rhine – The Official Trailer!

I’ve been talking about my feature film Over-the-Rhine for two years now. The creation of a movie, as with the creation of a full-grown human being — from pregnancy (“I have this idea…”) to debutante ball (official theatrical release) — is a lengthy one.

Our finished film was test-screened three times last year — in Orlando, Florida, Cincinnati, Ohio, and Burbank, California — winning critical acclaim, and ten major nominations and awards, along the way. And blogger friends (bless you) showed up at all three screenings, some traversing two or three states to get there!

Over-the-Rhine will finally hit theaters this fall (stay tuned for official release date).

Meanwhile, we have an official trailer!  And here it is:

(For full screen click lower right corner)

This entry was posted in Memoir, Movies, Popular Culture & Entertainment, Videos and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

88 Responses to A Filmmaker’s Journal

1. Veronica says:

This is just amazing! Congratulations! 😊

2. Pingback: Over the Rhine coming to theatres this fall. – The Peaceful Pub

3. SMZ says:

Suddenly the snow blocking my door seems less important.
    Congratulations! Mitch.

4. Jon Kissner says:

Looks powerful Mitch. Exciting! Can’t wait to see it.

5. profsloan says:

Mitch, hopefully it will get to the UK at some point, or become available on dvd. Best wishes, Brian

6. Goosebumps watching the trailer! Congratulations Mitch. Anything worth creating takes time. Thank you for showing us the way. 🎥 🦋

7. A R says:

What an amazing accomplishment. I wish you the best of luck!

8. Tekoa says:

Congratulations! Looks great and inspiring. Reminds me of my fictional work, Walter the Homeless Man. A story of a young drunk driver who takes the life of a husband and father. Forgiveness is also at the core of this work.
    I pray The Father uses this film to change lives!
    Blessings

9. revruss1220 says:

Wow! Gotta be there. This is powerful stuff and a message that has to be heard. Congratulations.

10. schoen55 says:

Wow! The trailer alone is amazing. Can’t wait till it’s in theatres. Congratulations

11. @vapor_sage says:

Not a dry eye in the house
    Bless you Mitch and praise God
    I can’t wait

12. DebFarris says:

Congratulations Mitch! So many in my life everyday reject the Bible. How beautiful to see it flash across the screen. Seems I’m always struggling with wanting to share the Truth yet not alienate the readers I want to share it with. You seem to drive right through that. Thanks for continued inspiration. 🙂

13. Wow, I’m bawling already Mitch…. What a powerful story of forgiveness and God’s love….I can’t wait to see it!

14. stolzyblog says:

That’s interesting… good luck with this.

15. The trailer is powerful! Thank you – I’m sure it did not come without cost. Blessings!

16. Looks like a powerful film, Mitch. I can’t wait to see it. At some point down the road, I hope you can make a deal with Amazon Prime and/or Netflix so us hermits can see it. I’ll be praying that it’s a blockbuster!

17. Wow, Mitch. This really looks good.

18. I teared up! Looks amazing. Great job. Great message!!!!

People are going to be talking and talking and talking about this film–SO powerful. Praise God for your perseverance, Mitch, through a long and arduous process!

20. M.B. Henry says:

Congratulations! I worked in movies for a long time so I know how much work it is to get a picture in the can 🙂 I can’t imagine all you’ve poured into this! Good luck to you and your movie, it looks great! 🙂

21. Amazed!!!! Absolutely wonderful – so excited

22. notdonner says:

Mitch, this looks really amazing. I will get certainly my Bible group to see it. You must be really pumped up.

23. Wow! You are brilliant filmmaker. Congratulations! I can’t stop to watch it over and over 🙂

24. Wow… even the trailer makes me cry. Congratulations! It looks absolutely incredible! Can’t wait to see it in the theater!

25. Joan says:

I will definitely be on the lookout for this film. The trailer itself is extraordinary.

26. frenchc1955 says:

Congratulations on a great trailer!!!

27. rashellbud says:

Congratulations! This looks like a powerful story … it’ll be exciting to see how the Lord further uses it, as I’m sure it’s already done a work in those of you involved in its making. Blessings!

28. Looks great Mitch! Even better, it doesn’t look at all like the corny “Christian” films with the cheesy cliche lines that are out that. It looks like an actual movie. Great job!

29. I love the trailer. Congratulations on the fulfillment of years of vision, dreams and hard work. You’ll never know how many lives are touched by this story, but there will be those whose are.

30. carhicks says:

The trailer is amazing. I can’t wait to see this. Congratulations Mitch.

31. Ann Coleman says:

I am so happy for you! And I hope you don’t take this in the wrong way, but what I liked most about the trailer (which I’m assuming is representative of the movie) is that it is so very real. Too often, faith-based movies tend to stick to the surface issues, and not delve into the real nitty-gritty of life, with all of it’s pain and all of its mess. But in my opinion, it’s in the worst parts of our lives that we need God the most. This trailer makes me want to see the movie, and that doesn’t happen to me very often, in any kind of film. Will it be shown in St. Louis at some point, do you think?

32. Marzi says:

Congratulations, this is a great undertaking! My son is a film director, and he make films in independent cinema, so I know how difficult it is.

33. sniderjerry says:

Norman Vincent Peale, the author of THE POWER OF POSITIVE THINKING, was pastor of The Marble Collegiate Church in New York City for 52 years. The church sold copies and tapes of his sermons. Whenever he spoke on the topic of forgiveness, these sold the least. We all need to forgive and be forgiven. Thank for making this film and all the best for your success.Jerry and Regina Snider Lancaster, Ohio.

34. KEEP us posted Mitch!!!! In August 2015 I took my prodigal son Jason to see “The War Room”. At the time he was living in a commune growing pot. He broke down crying, returned to church, moved in with a Christian friend. He got baptized, led others to our Lord Jesus, then before our Mothers day reunion in May 2016, my son died of a heart attack….He is now with Jesus because of a film.
    Keep up the good work Mitch! You are making a difference.

35. Dear Mitch,

WOW! I can wait to see this movie! Congratulations!

36. Lucie says:

Mitch, I got goosebumps watching the trailer…I am so honored and proud to know you….this is a quality piece of work. Blessings, my friend! You’re the bomb! ❤

37. Jennie says:

Wow. WOW!!! I am thrilled for you, Mitch. Can’t wait to see the movie.

38. Alex says:

You really make it seem really easy along with your presentation however I to find this topic to be really one thing that I feel I’d by no means understand. It seems too complicated and very wide for me. I am taking a look ahead for your next post, I will attempt to get the cling of it!

39. Roos Ruse says:

The very captivating trailer brought to mind a snippet of Corrie Ten Boom’s story in a believable, modern setting. Well done, Mitch. I can hardly wait for the release.

40. joychibuzo says:

Wow. This was awesome to watch. Congratulations, Mitch, I look forward to seeing the movie.

41. This looks so good! I will be there on opening day with my movie friends!

42. Pingback: A Filmmaker’s Journal | Mitch Teemley

43. Pingback: What do You Want? | Mitch Teemley

44. ahmaddagher says:

Wow really amazing… I just love the soul of this story
    Congratulations I’m definitely gonna watch it
    I wish you the best of luck