The Person in the Title

WinterI love Christmas. And with all my heart I love the One whose birth it celebrates. But it wasn’t always so. I grew up in a nonbelieving home. Yes, we said “Merry Christmas!” but for us it was a secular occasion, a time for family, food, and gift-giving, but not for the Person in the title. Hence, to me, there’s nothing life-changing about the words “Merry Christmas!” But there is something life-changing about Christ. So, whatever words I use or hear, it’s my joy at Christmas time–and throughout the year–to show people the Person in the title. You?

“In Him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.”

~John 1:4-5

32 Responses to The Person in the Title

1. Me too! I was not raised in a family who knew Jesus! I am so glad that Christmas means so much more than gifts. It is about our savior Jesus’s birthday! The true light of the world! Merry Christ-mas!

2. wboyack says:

Reblogged this on Resigning as the General Manager of the Universe and commented:
    I grew up in a Christ centered home. I was blessed. However, I love the sentiment of this blog post. I too wish to “show the people the Person in the title.”

3. About the time I stopped believing in Santa, I started believing in Jesus. We went to church many days a week. Jesus was the center of our home. I know I was fortunate this way. Discovering that Jesus is the reason for the season can be tough to do in our culture.

Thanks for faithfully bring the message of the good news of his arrival to so many. Be blessed. God is in an amazing mood.

4. Merry Christmas to you Mitch. I agree.

5. Amen, Mitch. Merry Christmas, my friend.

6. DebFarris says:

Yes! Merry Christmas to you and your family Mitch! May we always show Christ in us. The hope of glory.

7. atimetoshare.me says:

Merry CHRISTmas to you, Mitch 🎄

8. Merry Christmas!!! Thank God for sending us his son Jesus. I nominated you for the Liebster Award. https://mothersofgreatness.wordpress.com/2017/12/22/the-liebster-award/

9. carhicks says:

Merry Christmas Mitch.

10. notdonner says:

Merry Christmas, Mitch!

11. I love that: the person in the title! And Merry Christmas, Mitch, to you and yours!

12. BelleUnruh says:

Amen! And Merry Christmas, Mitch.

13. brunniegetchell says:

Truth! And Merry Christmas Mitch.

14. Roos Ruse says:

Reblogged this on What Next: Behind Roo's Ruse and commented:
    As he often does, Mitch says my thoughts exactly. Merry Christmas one and all. Peace on earth and good wiil to all.

15. Pingback: Happy 5th Anniversary of the End of the World! – The Focused Heart

16. gpavants says:

Hi Mitch,

He is the reason for the season.

In Christ,