A Happy Marriage

“A happy marriage is the union of two good forgivers.” ~Ruth Bell Graham

Have you talked to your co-forgiver lately?

This entry was posted in For Pastors and Teachers, Humor, Quips and Quotes and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to A Happy Marriage

1. We celebrated our 32nd anniversary on December 14th. I don’t know what our formula is, but I know I need her.

2. 32 years this past Novemeber…right between your two marriages. 😉

3. Brought a smile to my face 💕

4. DeniseBalog says:

My 101 year old father-in-law once shared the formula for their 75 year marriage. Each partner thinks he is giving 90% of the 100%. This thought has carried us through the selfish 90% with love for the other going 35 years. Love all the photos Mitch. Thank you for sharing.

5. Ann Coleman says:

So true! All real relationships require forgiveness….

6. gpavants says:

Amen, and again I say amen.

7. RahulYuvi says:

Beautiful post..We recently celebrated our 6th Anniversary..besides, talking of marriage, I too would like to share a light & fun blog called the Spiciest Pasta called Marriage ! https://the-passport-souls.travel.blog/2018/01/08/spiciest-pasta-called-marriage-english-only-version/

8. O says:

This is very helpful – thank you for sharing!

9. This post is very heart-warming. I just feel so bad having a one-sided argument with my husband this morning. I call it one-sided because I didn’t argue with him instead I just listened to what he had to say. I made a huge mistake when I turned my back to get clothes for our baby who just had a bath without putting pillows on her side for safety (so stupid of me because I forgot). Suddenly, I heard a thud and the last thing I knew our baby was already on the floor. It was really quick and I was so shocked. I screamed and I got so scared. When my husband found out he literally bad-mouthed me telling how idiot and stupid I am, he was so angry as if I intended what happened and even if I was apologising. I know it was my fault but he didn’t have to say things like that. He was so harsh and mean to me considering my mom can hear him. Right now I’m trying to calm myself looking for advice that might help ease my feelings until I stumble upon this post. He didn’t apologise to what happened even after we’ve been to the doctor until we came back home even if he knew how much he hurt my feelings. I felt really bad thinking that he owe me an apology. An apology I believe I wouldn’t get knowing his personality. But this post is really good, indeed a couple is a pair of people who is a good forgiver especially in times of difficulty forgiving your partner. I just hope I come to a point to forgive him sooner especially now that I’m hurting. Thanks so much for this post, it’s definitely worth pondering. 👍👍👍

10. So true. I am married for 8 years and having hard time communicating with him for last few months. For some people forgiving is much harder.

• mitchteemley says:

I’m praying that you and he will have the communication break-through you need, Samantha. However hard it may be to broach the subject, relationship issues worked through together can make your marriage even stronger.

11. kmichonski says:

So true, and so often forgotten. One must remember to forgive in a marriage in order to move forward. Thanks for sharing!

12. Simple and sweet way of bestowing moral and inspiring