Inside Me

wishing-pix-mapOn Wednesdays, I normally post episodes of The Wishing Map, my fantasy about two kids exploring a strange and mysterious world. However, this morning doctors will be exploring the strange and mysterious world of my colon, creating as it were, a Mitching Map. Hence, I have scheduled this brief post in advance, not to make you squirm (if I have, sorry), but because I feel a genuine connection with many of you, and therefore covet your prayers.

One always prays for an amicable report following a colonoscopy. But if the imaginative Creator of my digestive tract should have something more adventurous in mind, who am I to complain? All I have, and all I am, is his. So…

See you on the other side!

This entry was posted in Humor, Mitchellaneous, The Wishing Map and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

57 Responses to Inside Me

1. Praying for you, brother…

2. richp45198 says:

Colonoscopies are definitely not peak experiences but, as they say, the prep is worse than the procedure. Hope all is well. Prayers for sure.

3. Hope all goes well Mitch. I tried it without anesthesia, which will make a great short story someday, as soon as I get over the flashbacks….NOT advised.

4. grumpygorman says:

Oh wow..all the best

5. Jon Kissner says:

You’re in GoOD hands, Mitch. Praying your Mitching Map turns out to be an uneventful journey.

6. Praying for a good report, my friend.

7. Praying for you…ugh, the most dreaded procedure! Actually, the most dreaded prep. You’ll be so happy to be on the other side of it. May your report be a good one!

8. Relax... says:

Someday, there will be an easier way to scope out one’s insides. Until then, I’m guessing that most colonoscopies show merely a lifetime of contracting, warranted or not. I am praying for you, too.

9. smzang says:

Inside and out, all the best!

10. Only positive vibes being sent to you from this corner, Mitch. Who needs adventure anyway. Leave that stuff to Indiana Jones. ‘O)

11. Prayed and thanking God for hearing, and answering our prayers, in Jesus name, Amen

12. I’m absolutely praying for you, Mitch!

13. There are worse things than a colonoscopy, it does seem like that while it’s going on …

14. revruss1220 says:

Praying for a clean report.

15. Not sure whether to laugh or wince…

16. atimetoshare.me says:

May God be with the doctors and medical team he has placed in their hands. As far as the other side is concerned I think God still has work for you here.

17. Praying for a good report, Mitch!

18. DeniseBalog says:

Prayers for you Mitch. You surely know the value of the prescription, laughter is the best medicine and health for the spirit and soul! Looking forward to hearing from you on the other side!

19. mitchteemley says:

Thanks, all, for the kind words and prayers. I home and semi-normal now (in other words, normal for me). Had my eagle-has-landed moment. Lab results in a couple days. Blessings!

20. Wishing you well Mitch

21. My cautious obedience to the colonoscopy powers that be, short circuited in a mix of dark humor, an overactive imagination and flat out rebellion. A friend had described his recent experience, laying naked from the waist down under a “gorgeous” young nurse hovering over him, while waiting for the anesthesia to kick in. ” I feel like I’m going to crap myself.” He told her. “You will.” Flowing from her sensuous lips was the last thing he remembered. He awoke warm and dry, not a hint of carnage remaining, to the same nurse, who had likely made him cleaner and more nicely scented than he ever had made himself. Within a month I stepped into a room, in a building I had never been in, for my pre-screen. A burly nurse, large bosomed, came in and explained some of what I should expect with the curt-correct, colonial New England enthusiasm of someone who hated getting out of bed before noon. My courage bled away quickly as she left to get the doc for what only a by-the-book professional would call a digital exam. I went into high alert when the blue-collar nurse returned with another gangly, slender woman. Though wearing a white lab coat, she still looked like she had gotten off a bus at the wrong stop. In the wrong town. When she introduced herself with a thick eastern European accent, the trifecta was complete. Wrong country too. Nonetheless, trying to remember that I was a former U.S.Marine, I hesitantly “dropped trou” as we say and assumed the position. Her rapid digital insertion went fine, FOR A MICROSECOND, after which I felt as though she had gone into a dark corner to unbox a new cutlery set. Though I hit my head on the ceiling, I landed on my feet and in a ninja like move, had my pants up in a jiffy, to her ambiguous interest in the trauma she had just seared me with. When they asked me when I would like to return for the procedure, “the third of Never.” was my reply. I’m still not over it.

22. Joan says:

May the force be with you, Mitch.

23. alsavignano says:

May God grant that the worst part of your experience will have been the preparation and not the follow-up.

24. Glad you’re home. May the travel report declare the expedition an unremarkable one.

25. I have prayed that all is well and if not, grace for the journey.

26. carhicks says:

Praying for positive lab results.

27. Now I am over 50 I will have to get the preventative pictures of private places soon. Before I go I think I will get a tattoo on my tail bone area but first I have to decide on one – can you help?

1) Exit Only
    2) I lost my car keys – see if you can find them
    3) If you can read this you are too close

Laughter is the best medicine but not if you are practicing medicine at the time

28. Hope all goes well!!!

29. Ann Coleman says:

Of course I will pray for you, and am happy to do so. Those procedures are never fun, but as my doctor reminded me, colon cancer is entirely preventable. Which makes me believe that we do have a moral obligation to get the screening. May God be with you throughout the whole process.

30. Wayne says:

I’m waaaaaaay late with this response, sir…but I pray that all went well, and continues to go well!